- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
- Assisting with the oversight of Avaaz’s Operations department, including planning, development and implementation of procedures and systems across the organization.
- Helping lead financial planning and organizational budgeting processes, including overseeing budget implementation, long-term planning, financial reporting, expense tracking, and invoice approval.
- Overseeing financial and legal vendor selection and decisions.
- Managing a team member’s full life cycle, including staff orientation, contracts and renewals, leaves of absence, benefits, salary reviews, and team exits.
- Leadership in planning, visioning, and implementing the nimble growth of key infrastructural systems of the organization.
- Developing team-wide policies.
- Providing logistical support to the organisation as needed.
- Managing, training, and coaching staff to ensure individual growth.
- Keeping up-to-date on information and technology related to Avaaz’s global operations to ensure compliance.
This is a demanding role that requires remarkable talent in a wide range of areas. The main skills you will display are:
- 3-5 years of finance and/or accounting experience (Quickbooks preferred).
- Strong strategic, creative, and innovative thinking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passion and commitment to global justice, citizen empowerment, and social change.
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency and results-oriented delivery on short timelines.
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure.
- Strong project and staff management skills.
- Experience working in a global organization, including managing finances in a number of currencies and ensuring compliance in multiple regulatory environments.
- Experience with business operations, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements.
Fluency in English is a requirement. Additional languages are an asset.