Operations Officer (Finance)
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
- Managing the overall payments process, keeping to deadlines, and optimizing the process for maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- Processing all invoices for payment.
- Reviewing credit card reports and expense reports.
- Liaising with vendors to ensure timely payments and ensure proper approval and documentation is complete.
- Preparing for monthly close, annual audit, and other financial reporting
- Ensuring all Quickbooks entries are complete and correct.
- Legal, tax, and other regulatory compliance.
- Collaborating with the rest of the Operations team on financial aspects of Avaaz operations.
- Other Operations functions as needed.
- Finance and/or accounting experience.
- Quickbooks or other accounting package experience.
- Good computer skills in general.
- Good strategic, creative, and innovative thinking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passion and commitment to global justice, citizen empowerment, and social change.
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency and results-oriented delivery on short timelines.
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure.
- Strong project and staff management skills.
- Experience with business operations, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements.
Fluency in English is a requirement. Additional languages are an asset.