City Launcher – Sales & Business DevelopmentApply Now
- 💡 Entry-Level 💡
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
Peerspace is an online marketplace that connects professionals and businesses to great spaces. Our goal since launching in 2014 has been to make finding and booking short-term space an easy and transparent process.
We believe that innovation occurs at the intersection of smart people and the spaces that inspire them. This happens every day when Peerspace hosts share their underutilized spaces with professionals seeking truly memorable experiences. Film and photo shoots, offsite meetings, product launches, and charity events are just a few of the many activities that take place on the platform. Whenever space is needed away from the home or office, it can happen with Peerspace.
We’re building the world’s marketplace for unique spaces and believe any activity can take place in a Peerspace location. We want to make space discovery exciting and eliminate friction from the booking process. For hosts, we’re creating the tools to monetize their incredible locations.
If you are passionate about our mission, highly motivated to succeed and ready to make an impact on our growth, please get in touch. We’d love to speak to you.
Peerspace is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in other major cities including Los Angeles and New York.
We are looking for driven professionals with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join Peerspace as a City Launcher/Business Development Representative in Austin. You will act as part of a Regional Team consisting of a GM and 2-5 other Bus Dev Reps hunting new spaces, engaging corporate guests and driving local marketing. Ideal candidates are self-starters with a demonstrated ability to take on increasing responsibility and achieve long term goals.
Peerspace offers an entrepreneurial environment where you will be provided the tools, resources and leadership to be successful. Your initiative and hard work will have a meaningful impact on our growth and your own career advancement.
This is a remote role (work from home!)
Role & Responsibilities
- Drive supply-side acquisition and expand the reach of our marketplace.
- Help define a sales & marketing process, team and culture in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Create and prioritize strategic target account lists within a defined territory.
- Research and build new and existing account relationships (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling).
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in prospect accounts.
- Evangelize Peerspace through local marketing events and partnerships, both online and offline.
- Build something from the ground up, which means that there is no task too small or too big for you to tackle.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- At least 1-3 years full-time sales, marketing, real estate, event planning or related experience
- Experience generating leads through email, events, meetings and phone calls
A Plus on Qualifications for
- Experience using CRM tool(s) like salesforce, salesforce IQ or Zendesk
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills & proficiency with Office or Google Docs
- Strong problem solving skills
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to understand customer needs and meet those needs with product knowledge
- Good time management with strong organizational skills
- Bonus points for a strong local network as well as in-depth knowledge of the city, its communities, and its culture.
- Autonomous/Remote Work —you can work from anywhere as long as you’re hitting and exceeding goals
- Be part of the next big marketplace startup reshaping a $500B industry
- A friendly and supportive work culture rooted in our core values
- Excellent Benefits and Stock options. Pure base salary-no bonuses/commissions.