Migration and Support SpecialistApply Now
Website Performance Foundry
- 💡 Entry-Level 💡
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 💲 Competitive Salary and Perks 💲
- 🗺 Anywhere in North or South America 🗺
Hi there! We are excited to invite you to apply to the Migration and Support Specialist position. We are looking to hire someone immediately. Our company, Performance Foundry, specialises in WP design and development. We get down into the nitty gritty to make amazing things. We need someone who has some technical background and is looking to grow long-term with us.
This is a customer facing job and doesn’t require you to be a true developer. Ideally you will have some WordPress skills because you will be doing migrations (moving sites from other hosts). You will also be responsible for customer support and trouble shooting. A background in technical skills will help you solve these issues.
This role will start part time with a trial contract. In the first month on the job, we shift new hires all over the company to give them a well rounded experience and an overview of everything. This will include theme development, client development, customer support, and an introduction to our retainer clients. This training is done with me (Craig) and our chief engineer.
The first six months on the job will be when you are really learning and getting your footing with the position and company. Once you’ve learned the systems and the work, we expect you’ll be to improve on what we’re doing and run with it. There are opportunities to expand to different tiers of the company. This depends on your skills and what you’re passionate about. We provide the opportunity for you to grow and succeed.
Migration is one of the most important customer-facing jobs at Performance Foundry, as it’s many of our client’s first impressions of our work and sets a tone for our ongoing relationship! Getting this right is rewarding in itself. However, there are opportunities to move into other areas of the business on two tracks: on the development and devops side of operations, or the customer service and success side.
Day to Day
The primary job is migrations but the work will also include:
- Spending time on the support queue and answering questions.
- Concierge onboarding of new client sites.
- Moving data.
- Tuning sites for performance.
- This is an entry-level role but it’s best if you have have technical skills and have done WordPress work before.
- Generally great with software and code.
- Mindset of solving problems with code.
- Candidate should have some experience with using the command line, including tools like ssh, navigating directories, and rsync. No devops or server programming skills needed (but they’re welcome!).
- Great written communication skills are important; the successful candidate will spend a lot of time emailing and chatting with clients and other team members.
- Experience with customer support, especially in WordPress, is wanted.
- Role is for someone with WordPress experience; especially around migrating content and troubleshooting issues.
Working at Koru Group
Performance Foundry is a brand of Koru Group Ltd. A role at Koru Group Ltd means being part of a global team of engaged, curious and humble people, doing the best for our clients together. Performance Foundry loves diversity, and we welcome candidates from all walks of life.
We have full time and part time contractors spread all over the world and they are organized into three different teams covering three different time zones. We look to hire people for the long-term and provide them the resources and opportunities they need to continue to grow and love being a part of our team.
Because we work remotely, it’s important to be connected in our work, in our professional communities, and our personal lives. Care about your colleagues, connect in person as you travel, stay in touch even when you are far away. You’re working, but you’re a person, not a machine.
While we have standard processes, we never stop learning, changing, or improving: we are curious people. We like to learn, and we like to teach, improving ourselves and making the whole team stronger.
We all have things we like to do and areas we love to specialise in, but being part of a team means doing what needs to be done. Nothing is too good for us, or “not my job” – We actively look for ways to make our colleagues’ work easier.
Koru Group Ltd has a virtual team with staff either traveling or working from their own homes and/or cafes and co-working spaces. We celebrate and enjoy the freedom and creativity this brings, but realise it can be hard to know how much work to do.
You will be responsible for tracking your own time and hours, but you will be expected to work around 40 hours a week from Monday to Saturday with at least 25 hours being during local business hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
There will be some compulsory meetings to attend each week.
As a global team, there are people working in every timezone. You do not need to respond to messages outside of your work hours, except in case of emergency or for pre-arranged meetings.
In some cases, you may be asked to work over a particular time range to achieve a project goal. We expect you to make every effort to achieve this.
We may run staff/contractor meet-ups or help finance conference or similar professional development opportunities from time to time in locations around the world. If invited, we hope you will attend if possible.
- Fully remote company and culture, so you’re never out of the loop.
- Flexible work hours; and paid time off for full-time contractors.
- Pay is competitive and based on experience. We believe in supporting our team and offer opportunities for raises and growth.
- Satisfaction, as you work with a diverse, fun group of people to do cool stuff for great clients.