Sr. Program Manager – Support Operations
- 💡 Mid-Level 💡
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to make software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013 and publicly traded since 2018, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You understand enterprise customer expectations of the technical support and judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of your customers. You are strategic, curious, and passionate about problem solving and enjoy leading improvements across processes, systems, and people. You internalize learning and forge deep, trusting relationships through mutual respect and kindness.
Your communication skills allow you to address concerns efficiently. You feel empowered to communicate your point of view and are able to steer groups towards decisions based on common objectives. You naturally want to take the lead in a group setting. You are comfortable advocating for your customer’s best interests and collaborating with business partners. Your ability to speak up and add organization to any situation is one of your top talents.
We believe in being kind, doing the right thing, and working at a sustainable pace. We are also passionate about our people, building on individual strengths, and encouraging continuous learning and development. In Pivotal Support, we are committed to providing our customers with the highest level of service. We work in small teams around the globe, supporting customers 24×7. Nearly half of our team works from home. And, when you’re off work, we want you to relax, recharge, and refocus.
As the member of Support Operations team, you lead your team’s day to day activities as they plan and execute a variety of Program/ Project Management functions and initiatives across the support organization. You plan and execute highly complex and technical projects in collaboration with Support team, Product Management, Product Operations, IT and Development teams.
You ensure timely and consistent execution and communication of project or initiative scope, status, readiness, and risks across the organization, management and executives in alignment with Support’s goals and objectives.
- Manages multiple highly complex technical programs, projects and initiatives affecting Pivotal Support’s objectives. Maintains an awareness of industry trends, business conditions, and Pivotal’s internal processes and practices to ensure the success of complex programs and initiatives.
- Performs audits to ensure all products have product attributes set at Pivotal and partner systems so they are orderable, invoiceable, customer downloadable, service requests can be opened, and Pivotal Support Business Operations is enabled to run install Base reports for internal consumption.
- Manages and influences continuous improvements of the product lifecycle processes, practices and initiatives.
- Minimum of 6 years of program and project management experience in developing and deploying complex solutions in an agile environment
- Strong Familiarity with support operations functions, policies and practices.
- Scrum Master and/or PMP certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative decision-making across globally distributed teams
- Experience with system such as Salesforce Service Cloud, Tracker, Jira
- Familiarity with Export Control and Department of Commerce compliance practices