Senior Account Executive, EnterpriseApply Now
- 💡 Mid-Level 💡
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 🏝 Company Retreat 🏝
- 🗺 Anywhere in Munich, Germany 🗺
What do we do?
We are on a mission to expedite the AI-age by providing critical tooling infrastructure for engineers to build high accuracy AI models. Our first product is providing high-quality annotations-as-a-service for Autonomous AI (self-driving cars, drones, industrial robots). We’re backed by YCombinator, SAIF Partners & Google Launchpad. In the last 18 months, we’ve established ourselves as a market leader created 200M+ annotations, grown 12X in top line, acquired 50+ enterprise customers across 10+ countries including Didi, Daimler, Ford, Samsung etc.
Why is it important?
High-quality training data is quintessential to improve the precision of ML algorithms. Forbes estimates ML engineers spent 70% of their time in pre/post processing & data management steps. Companies need to build sophisticated tooling (supporting all forms of sensor data), hire and manage hundreds of skilled people to ensure high quality labeled data. Our autonomous driving customers estimate 1 hour of video data needs 800 man-hours of manual human work. Today, at the wake of autonomous car industry only few million kms of data has been labeled and 10x more will be collected before the world sees them on road. Like DevOps is critical to tech implementation, AI Ops will be a big challenge as AI development commercializes in next 5-10 years. We aim to become an AI data platform, a critical part of AI infrastructure stack.
Join us to witness & influence the unfolding of AI, which is the largest technology wave the world will ever see.
5 reasons why you should work at Playment
- Shaping the Future – AI is going to impact the world in more than ways we can imagine. Working at Playment, you’ll be at the forefront of this revolution. Imagine the early days when Flipkart was shaping eCommerce or InMobi was shaping the AdTech industry globally.
- Autonomous Vehicles – Autonomous vehicle technology changing the transportation industry. Over $100Bn have been invested by leading investors and automakers. We are the only Indian startup working in this domain.
- International Exposure – We interact with CXOs of revolutionary AI companies – Daily. And it’s not limited to founders or the Business team. Our developers attend sales calls, and project managers help maintain customer relationships. If required, you get to travel internationally too!
- Young, smart & driven team – The only thing that helps us sleep at night is if we know that we’ve solved more problems than surfaced on any particular day. We’re young, extremely motivated and always ready for a game of Counter Strike.
- Great Pay & Perks – We work out of a nice, cozy office out of the Tech-Hub of India. Keep you full with food on the house (Breakfast, lunch, and snacks). Provide health and accidental insurance for yourself and your family. Have outings and town-halls every month. AND offer great pay.
About the role
We are looking for our 1st sales hire in Germany.
The enterprise account executive at Playment (YC W’17) is the face of the company for our customers who are pioneers in building autonomous vehicles and other computer vision applications like drone or robot vision, etc. The critical responsibility of the AE is to project the value of Playment’s product and services to its customers with the expertise to help them achieve their goals of deploying fully working autonomous vehicles faster than expected. Your customers will be CEOs, CTOs or machine vision engineers of car companies, suppliers or cutting edge AI startups like Daimler, Continental, NIO, SAIC, Nuro.ai, Drive.ai, etc.
Not only would you be responsible for bringing on more customers but also share industry insights with other teams at Playment to aid in developing its products and services in the right direction.
- Own end-to-end outbound sales process from planning, lead generation, demos to closing deals for Playment’s enterprise accounts in Europe.
- Collaborate with operations, product, and marketing teams to improve and optimize Playment’s go-to-market strategies and tactics.
- Discover and target upselling opportunities in Playment’s strategic accounts.
Share learnings,bring in unobvious industry insights and market intelligence with the team to ensure that Playment stays ahead of the curve.
- Have a minimum of 8+ years of enterprise AE or business development experience, preferably at an enterprise software or services company.
- Have strong ability to navigate oneself around potential customers by building trustworthy relationships.
- Have the ability to understand distinct, complex enterprise technical requirements and suggest custom solutions.
- Be a self-starter with an ability to work remotely with minimum supervision.
- Have sharp business acumen and perseverance.
- Have proven negotiation and closing skills.
- Have fluency in German.
Bonus points if…
- You have a good network in AI or Auto industry.
- Have previous technical or product backgrounds.
Why work with us?
- 1st hire of Playment in EU region and influencer of the culture.
- Full ownership to define or influence the go-to-market strategy. Expected to directly contribute to the company’s growth.
- Be a custodian of a startup building the global business from day 1.
- Directly working with Cofounder.
- Opportunities to travel in other parts of USA, Europe or Asia for client meetings and conferences.
- Become an early part of the AI ecosystem by contributing to its development via Playment.