People & Culture (HR) AssociateApply Now
Website Public Library of Science - PLoS
- 💡 Entry-Level 💡
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
We’re looking for someone eager to grow their People & Culture (HR) experience, learn, have fun and deliver an outstanding level of service to both our internal and external clients in partnership with our broader team. In this role, you will provide payroll, recruiting, and operational support to the People Team and act as a backup for our Office Manager on occasion. You will report to the People and Culture Business Partner.
*This position is open to remote applicants as well those interested in working locally out of our San Francisco office.*
- Coordinate recruitment which includes interview scheduling and consistently maintaining professional and efficient communication with both our external candidates and internal hiring teams. This role will be expected to deliver a first-class candidate experience to applicants interested in joining PLOS.
- Support new hire onboarding, including background screenings, reference checks and other basic new hire administration. Assist with offboarding administration as needed.
- Provide help managing recruiting advertisements and support other general recruitment efforts
- Assist with payroll, which includes processing timesheets and payroll adjustments and reviewing semi-monthly payroll to ensure hours and adjustments are correct
- Run ad hoc reports as needed and process organizational changes in UltiPro
- Reconcile monthly benefits invoices
- Draft formal documents including offer, promotion, and transition letters
- Maintain employee records ensuring they are both accurately maintained and kept confidential
- Prepare monthly organizational chart and assist in the market research and implementation of an improved org chart software for PLOS
- Assist with the coordination and set up of various workshops, trainings and employee programs
- Act as backup to our Office Manager; this role may be called upon to assist with general office administration such as answering the phone and door or receiving parcels
- Assist with event planning as needed
- Assist with other People and Culture team projects as needed
- Exercise discretion, critical thinking and sound judgment consistently
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of prior HR Generalist / HR Administration experience in a professional office environment
- Experience in a dynamic environment is ideal. Adaptation and pivoting skills are a plus
- Experience working with an HRIS system (UltiPro preferred) and other HR software systems
- Knowledge of basic Federal, California, and San Francisco laws
- Experienced with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Intermediate Excel skills are absolutely essential. Experience with Google Suite is a plus.
- Proactive ability to anticipate the needs of both People Managers and our team is essential. Flexibility, multitasking and prioritizing skills are required
- Must be able to take initiative, with an eye for detail and a knack for organization
- Courage to speak up and make suggestions is highly desirable. You should have a desire to continuously find ways to help our organizational culture
- Ability to maintain composure under stress-inducing or complex situations is a plus
- Must have a team-oriented, collaborative mindset with a passion to drive our mission
- Relationship building, interpersonal skills are a must, along with stellar communication skills
- Being able to have fun while also maintaining professionalism is key!