Account Executive South East (Higher Ed)Apply Now
- 💡 Mid-Level 💡
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- ✈️ Travel Required ✈️
- 🗺 Anywhere in Southeastern United States 🗺
The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for driving revenue through prospecting, identifying and closing new business within their assigned territory in Higher Education accounts. The AE is also be responsible for partnering and retaining existing Higher Education and Government customers through deepening our strategic relationships, upselling additional products & services and entering into long-term contracts. Success in this role comes from meeting sales revenue targets by being able to articulate the value proposition of PowerSchool’s PeopleAdmin product portfolio as it relates to a customers’ needs and in finding, cultivating, and closing new accounts. The Account Executive will be responsible to cover a regionally-based territory, requiring about 50% travel throughout their territory. This position is with PeopleAdmin, a PowerSchool Company.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Existing customer relationship management and development with key stakeholders.
- Conducting strategic account reviews with all assigned customers on a regular basis to review service needs and usage trends.
- Prospecting and identifying opportunities with new business accounts.
- Proactively identifying and fostering sales of add-on product modules, professional services, and integrations.
- Identifying customers’ “business pain”, understanding technical environments, mapping out organizations and most of all overcoming objections.
- Meeting revenue quota and sales activity targets.
- Support responses to functional and technical elements of RFI’s / RFP’s.
- Selling hosted software services to higher education and government (local, state, municipality) throughout the strategic selling process.
- 65% Hunting; 35% Farming with existing accounts.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of sales experience, 2+ years of software or SaaS selling experience.
- Experience leading customer meetings and presenting to Executive level.
- Technical sales experience, working for a SaaS company, selling to Higher Education preferred.
- Experience selling an HR or Talent Management preferred.
- Experience with Solution Sales methodology preferred.
- Strong sales and presentation skills.
- Ability to learn and convey technical solutions quickly.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to juggle multiple deals in various stages of the sales cycle.
- Ability to build relationships with various levels of prospects and current clients
- Critical listening skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and high degree of patience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.