PHP Backend DeveloperApply Now
- 💡 Mid-Level 💡
- 🏝 Company Retreats 🏝
- 🗺 Anywhere in Central Europe 🗺
Important: although this is a fully remote role, we only accept candidates that are within 2 hours of CET (Central European Timezone). Applying outside of that is a waste of your (and our) time.
Prezly is looking for a backend (PHP) developer to boost our capacity in creating a world with more meaningful communication between organisations and people. Working closely with a product designer, the founders and builders to craft high-quality, impactful, and inclusive user experiences for communication experts all around the world.
Good stories, told well to the right people, can inspire and spark positive change in the world. That’s why at Prezly, we’re building state-of-the-art storytelling tools for stellar brands.
Since our founding in 2010, we’ve grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of ~16 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
About the technology
Our services are built around a core of PHP (symfony), postgres, React with millions of people per day using some aspect of the system. On the backend side we use a Symfony fork (https://github.com/e1himself/symfony1), Propel (http://propelorm.org/) and interact with a Postgres (RDS) database.
We’re big believers in devops/CI – building, testing, and deploying to any of our environments are as simple as pushing a commit to a git branch. The infrastructure is containerised, built on top of AWS using Kubernetes.
We’re a technology company first: This means that in addition to product and business development plans, we put emphasis on continual improvement of our stack and infrastructure. Current projects include API’ing our full application suite and removing redux.
About the backend role
We are looking for a backend engineer with deep understanding of PHP (Symfony) and best practices when it comes to application development. Bonus points for experience with our specific stack.
You should have senior level experience (~5 years) building modern back-end systems, with at least 3 years of that experience using PHP.
You will work on a variety of projects, mostly around the core Prezly product. Your work will ship continuously so you will have a direct impact in our customers’ experience and the overall trajectory of the business.
As our new teammate, you’ll be self-driven and work hard to bring value to your new company in the most effective way possible. You’ll work hard to make those around you better, communicate clearly, and make Prezly a better company.
- 5+ years of professional full stack development experience.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Team-oriented person who loves to collaborate and communicate
- Bonus points for:
- Leadership role at a startup. Proven ability to mentor / manage engineers and drive a product forward.
- Knowledge of containerisation, k8s, dev-ops, and AWS.
You will get
- Competitive salary
- Great tools: What would Batman be without his utility belt? He’d still be badass. But you get the point. At Prezly you’ll get to choose your own gear.
- Flexible hours: There’s a life outside of work. That’s why our distributed team works from where they want, when they want. And they get tons of work done.
- Unlimited vacation time: We evaluate on value, not on time spent behind desks. Employees can take as many holidays as they need. This way they bring their A-game to the job.
Visits to Leuven: A few times per year the entire team gets together in the office in Leuven, the world’s capital of beer. We’ll fly you in so you can have fun with the team.