Patient Access Registration Spec.
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 💡 Entry-Level 💡
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
The Patient Access Registration Specialist (PARS) position is a part of the Financial Clearance Center (FCC), the starting gate for the patient hospital experience. This position works in a call center environment along with other dedicated, sharp, enthusiastic, professionals that process inbound and outbound calls to patients in an effort to reduce the risk to our clients prior to services being rendered by educating patients about their patient financial liability and reviewing critical information to ensure the patient experiences a smooth registration process. The PARS role is the perfect entry level position for someone who wants to start their career with R1. PARS staff is committed to delivering outstanding customer service for all our patients and internal/external. You will be supported by strong training, top technology and effective leadership. Hard work, exemplary performance and continuously expanding knowledge base can lead to opportunities to move up and become a great people leader at R1.
Reports to a department Operations Supervisor and receives ongoing support from the PARS Team Lead.
Your day to day role will include
- Meets or exceeds daily production goals.
- Creates patient encounter for scheduled services in hospital mainframe based on information provided in hospital scheduling system.
- Initiates contact with client hospital patients and/or physicians via telephone using appropriate scripting to pre-register the patient, ensuring collection of critical data elements necessary for proper patient identification and billing.
- Identify and update patient demographic information in the hospital’s mainframe as defined by departmental policy and procedures.
Identifies inaccurate plan codes and corrects in the hospital’s main frame.
- Identify non-participating Insurances or Out of Networks plans; takes necessary steps to inform patients and physicians regarding options, including but not limited to canceling appointment.
- Validate insurance information via electronic medical record or insurance eligibility tool.
- Basic CPT coding to create patient out of pocket estimate during pre-registration; educates patient on basic insurance benefits and estimated out of pocket.
- Uses payment portal to securely collect patient out of pocket balances.
- Adheres to the guidelines set forth in the Health Insurance Portability andAccountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least one (1) year of similar experience (patient-facing, patient access).
- Excellent customer service skills exhibiting good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to type fast and accurately.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally to our patients and physician offices.
It would be great if you also have
- Basic Word/Excel.
- Medical terminology.
- Previous coding/billing experience.
- R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
- Sound like you? Let’s talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.
R1 RCM Inc. (the Company) is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. The Company’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person’s age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Discrimination based on sex or gender may vary based on the applicable state or local law and may include, for example, discrimination based on gender identity (including transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and gender stereotyping). Furthermore, the Company is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment based on any of the foregoing protected categories.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.