Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager – PCaaS
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
The Rackspace Private Cloud (RPC) Private-Cloud-as-a-Service (PCaaS) technical product marketing leader is responsible defining and leading technical marketing efforts for a set of RPC offerings. This includes developing and delivering technical marketing assets for a set of RPC offerings such as technical blogs, demos, how-to materials, building presentations, delivering presenting at events and webinars, visiting customers, and measuring success.
- Own and lead the RPC technical marketing agenda for a select set of RPC products. Most likely these will be our Kubernetes-as-a-Service and VMWare private-cloud-as-a-Service offerings.
- Work with RPC technical leaders, field leaders, and others to craft compelling technical marketing materials such as demos, blogs (especially how-to blogs on hot topics), white papers and presentations. Represent RPC at events, lead the occasional webinar, blog and engage on social media driving home Rackspace’s unique value proposition in this Private Cloud-as-a-Service new category for your product focus areas.
- Work with VMWare and other partners in your product space to augment your core set of materials and extend your reach and impact in the market.
- The RPC technical product marketing manager will train technical field people on how to run the demos and utilize and communicate more widely the materials developed. Influence Rackspace managed service product direction by internally communicating requirements and opportunities to product management learned through prospect, partner and customer interactions.
- 10+ years as a systems engineer/technical pre-sales, solution architect/technical pre-sales, technical product marketing manager, and/or product manager for infrastructure, cloud and/or related technologies. A 10+ year combination of some of these especially with technical pre-sales experience is a plus.
- Educational foundation in computer science/engineering and/or marketing.
- Proven strong technical background with expertise in infrastructure-as-a-service cloud platforms such as VMware or OpenStack, along with enterprise cloud best practices. Knowledge of container-based software such as Kubernetes, Pivotal or OpenShift a plus.
- Understanding of what it takes to motivate technical audiences and ability to translate that understanding into impactful marketing deliverables that converts cloud technical influencer and decision maker awareness and preference into revenue.
- Proven ability to create high-quality, compelling technical marketing content such as blogs, demos and presentations.
- Proven charismatic ability to energize and excite technical audiences for Rackspace Private Cloud product and solution offerings.
- The TMM must also be experienced with recording screencasts, webinars and online/client demos.
- Ability to lead a technically-focused announcement or launch.