ScrapbookingStore.com 1 week ago
Anywhere · Full Time
- 🧨 Staff Pick
- 🔑 Report to CEO
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🚀 High Growth Potential
- 💰 Competitive Salary & Perks
- 🗣 Native or Fluent English Speaker
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World (With 2 hours to overlap with the US)
Now Hiring: Remote Business Manager
Are you interested in learning all aspects of an online eCommerce store while helping the owner grow the company? This could be the perfect role for you! This is a full-time role for a fluent or native English speaker that can be done from anywhere in the world. As the Business Manager, you’ll be working directly with Jennifer, the owner, as her Right Hand while managing the day to day of ScrapbookingStore.com. This role is perfect for someone who is hungry and passionate about growing online companies.
About Us/Who We Are
ScrapbookingStore.com is a subscription eCommerce company that curates beautiful scrapbooking kits, stickers, paper and more for our club members. We also have a growing online store for additional scrapbooking supplies.
The company launched in 2014 and quickly amassed 24,000 Facebook followers who were drawn to our beautiful and affordable kits. Our customers are all based in the US and are typically women ages 45+ who enjoy crafting. Our customers are very nice and generally engaged within our community. The owner, Jennifer, bought the business in 2018 and has grown it +50% since then.
Our team is completely virtual. Jennifer, the owner, is based in the US and leads overall strategy + handles fulfillment. Jo is our Social Media Lead and is based in the Philippines. Aside from social media, she helps with emails, content and other general projects for ScrapbookingStore + Jennifer’s other businesses. (Jennifer’s LinkedIn)
Our culture is very open. We love new ideas and will give you the opportunity to cultivate them, test and implement. Our hours are flexible but we do ask that you are online for a few overlapping hours with US time zones in order to handle customer support calls and our online chat. Otherwise, you will have a series of daily tasks (centered around customer support & marketing) + a list of strategic projects which will be managed via Trello and Slack.
The reason we are hiring is we’ve recently lost our previous Business Manager due to a health issue in her family.
You can check out some of our videos here that will give you a sense for the community we are building:
- ScrapbookingStore’s February 2020 Facebook Live Tutorial with Marci Bensing – Pocket Letters
- The February 2020 Kit Reveal is here!
- ScrapbookingStore’s November Facebook Live Tutorial with Rachel Raynolds
About the Role
We are looking for an awesome Business Manager to manage the day to day operations, marketing and growth plans for ScrapbookingStore. In this role you will have ownership and responsibility over nearly all the facets of our business: customer service, advertising (Facebook, Google, Pinterest), customer engagement on social media, inventory management, blog editing & posting, and minor tweaks to our website (don’t need technical skills but general ability to figure things out on your own is a must). Furthermore, we have several exciting strategic growth initiatives we’d like to implement this year that you would own end to end. The ideal person for this role would come onboard excited to develop, vet and implement new growth initiatives in addition to handling the day to day operations.
This is a critical role in the business. Jennifer has a full-time job but this is her passion business and this person will truly be holding down the fort on a daily basis while also driving the success via growth initiatives.
You’ll be working with Jo & Jennifer, overseeing Jo’s ScrapbookingStore related work. You’ll report to Jennifer.
We’ll give you an overview of the software including our customer CRM and we have great SOPs that our last Business Manager made.
We use Trello, a LOT of Facebook, Tailwind, Pinterest, Slack, Mailchimp, ManyChat, Zapier, WordPress, WooCommerce, Tawk.to
Day to Day
- 2-3 hours of customer support, fire up our chat function and respond to any inquiries, call any customers that need phone calls
- Update website with new month’s kit
- Help Jennifer out with updating inventory spreadsheet
- Build new email announcing this month’s kit (Mailchimp)
- Edit Jo’s blog post announcing a new kit and sample layout idea
- Special Project 1: Continue work on finding and switching to a new email provider
- Special Project 2: Continue work around selecting designers and manufacturers for creating our own products
- Chat w/ Jo & Jennifer via Slack
- Edit new monthly kit reveal video that Jennifer filmed
- Designing & Manufacturing our own products
- Switching Email Providers
- ManyChat- learning it and figuring out how we can leverage it more for growth
- Building a Daily Deal Site
- Finding ways to optimize & Grow our online store
- Google Advertising
- Test & Implement your own ideas!
We are hoping this person will stay with us for a long time and grow with more responsibility in this role. Ideally, we will either dramatically grow the company by expanding into new areas (ie- maybe launching a Scrapbooking app) or we will sell the business and buy another one to build and grow. Either way, we expect this person to stick with us for a long time and grows with more & more responsibility/opportunity.
Who You Are
You are a smart, ambitious, curious person. You are someone who can come into the gig and hit the ground running; you don’t need serious skills in any certain area but you need to be a problem solver and a doer who is capable of just figuring things out.
This could be a great role for a recent college graduate or someone who’s looking for a career change. There isn’t an exact candidate persona or background we are looking for.
- Excellent English skills (fluent or native only please)
- Excellent English grammar skills (my customers must think you are a native speaker)
- Detail orientated and can manage systems
- Knowledge of the following or willingness to learn quickly: WordPress, WooCommerce, ManyChat, Facebook Advertising, Zapier.
- Fast learner with a great attitude and curiosity for knowledge
- Experience with some Marketing- Email Marketing, FB Marketing, Pinterest & Google Ads a plus.
- Customer support experience is a plus but at the very least you should know how to professionally represent yourself and your company
- Problem-solver and passionate about the customer
What’s in for you?
- Managing people, learning the ins & outs of how to run a business from a successful Entrepreneur.
- Have a lot of fun and have the freedom to implement your ideas + be mentored
- Potential to get a profit-share when we sell the business
Come work with us!
Want to be notified about jobs like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.