Content Manager Apprentice (We Train You From Scratch)
DC MEMBER The Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
- 🧨 Staff Pick 🧨
- 💲 $2500 a month 💲
- 💡 Apprenticeship 💡
- 💥 Work for a DCer 💥
- 🔑 Report to Founder 🔑
- 🗣 Fluent English Speaker 🗣
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World 🗺
Now Hiring: Remote Content Manager Apprentice
This is a great springboard into the location-independent lifestyle, and the type of opportunity I would’ve loved when I first started working remotely 4 years ago. We’ll teach you a valuable skill set that’s not taught in schools – all while being paid.
We’re looking for a Content Manager to come join us at Pangolia. This is a full-time position and you’ll be able to work from anywhere in the world.
You will start at a 3-month trial period at $12 an hour. However, the pay will increase to $2500 a month after successful completion of the trial OR earlier if you demonstrate ownership of the role and can live up to all your responsibilities without supervision. There will also be the ability to work your way up and earn bonuses.
We will train you from scratch with our video training material, and one-on-one calls. Therefore, you’re not required to have previous experience with this type of work. However, experience with project management and general research roles is a plus.
We’re looking to hire a full-time (40 hrs/week) remote team member who’s fluent or almost-fluent in English. This may very well be the position for you if:
- You’re very detail-oriented
- You’re a fast-learner
- You’re fairly techy (can quickly learn new online tools, good with Excel)
- You love working with spreadsheets and the likes
- You’re organized
- You can figure things out on your own without supervision
- You’re fluent (or almost) in oral and written English
- You want to work remotely with flexible work hours
Note: this is a 40 hours/week position in a fast-paced work environment. This is NOT the job for you if you’re looking to slack off.
Who we are
We’re a 3-year old online publishing company with 8 websites covering various topics. Our rapidly-growing brands are visited by more than 6 million readers every year. However, we’re still a small, fully-remote team consisting of only a few people. Therefore, we’re looking to expand.
We specialize in writing useful articles and resources that help people. We then (mainly) promote our brands with state-of-the-art SEO techniques to rank higher in search engines such as Google.
Our revenue comes from ads and affiliate programs.
The company website is Pangolia.org
Our work culture
We’re a relatively small team (right now) of around 6 kick-ass people. We communicate over Slack, and we’re still defining our company culture. Our goal is a culture focused on work and collaboration, but also while being open to the casual humor & chatter that makes us get to know each other.
Every Monday, I will as the founder, do a 30-minute one-on-one call with you. This call typically looks like this: You talk about which things are going well, and what can be improved on. I’ll then talk a bit, and then we’ll talk about the future of your work.
We plan on doing yearly company retreats, where we all meet up together and have fun.
We value the freedom of being able to work from anywhere, trust, and collaboration.
About the Role
As the founder, I will personally train you from scratch. This will take a couple of months, but after that we expect you to take full responsibility for our content operations. We want you to breathe it, and come up with suggestions for constantly improving our processes. It’s also expected that you will manage and delegate to other people working below you in the coming months.
The job will start as soon as we find the right employee for our team. It will start as a part-time position, and we will gradually increase the hours from 20 hours to 40 hours/week.
We focus on the long-term, which is why we’re also looking to make a hire that wants to work with us for years to come.
These key areas will be your responsibility:
- Keyword research – figure out which articles writers should write about, create content briefs for them – You will use Ahrefs.com)
- Product research – Find the best products (highly-rated & popular) on Amazon for writers to review and compare.
- Quality control – Go over posts before they go live.
- Assign content to writers every week.
- Back and forth communication with editors and writers.
Here are some more requirements
- You must be relatively tech-savvy. You should be familiar with Gmail, Skype, and Google Apps, and managing data in a systemized way.
- If you don’t know how to do something, you are willing to learn on the fly.
- You are just as comfortable sharing critical feedback as you are at receiving it
- You must be good at coming up with solutions to problems yourself. We’re not going to feed you all the answers. What is the capital of France? Answer this in the first line of your cover letter.
What does a Typical Day Look Like?
- You work with around 10-20 almost full-time English writers every week that follow a consistent work schedule. You assign new content for them every week, and the editors we work with then edit it. It then gets posted to our sites by our content posters.
Here’s what a typical day looks like:
- You do keyword research for our vacuum cleaner site using tools (Ahrefs.com) – Which articles are our competitors going after that we aren’t? (for example a ‘10 best vacuum cleaners’ article)
- You prepare the content briefs. For example, you go to Amazon.com, find the best-suited vacuum cleaners for the writers to review and compare. (this task may be outsourced in the future). You also list which keywords that the writer should include.
- You delegate the content to the writers and communicate back and forth with a couple of them (the editors mainly do the back and forth)
- New posts are ready to go live, you double-check them and then publish them
- 2 of the writers need advice or have questions on an article. You advise them
- Our editor finds a big error or detects plagiarism – You work with him/her to devise the right plan of action
- Sometimes there may be other random tasks coming your way
- We are flexible with work hours as long as we have 3 hours of timezone overlap each workday. You are, for example, able to do 1 week’s work in advance so that you can go on a nice vacation.
- As shown above, you will mainly be working with content management. However, we’ll also sometimes hand you other tasks such as: WordPress tasks, managing our social media accounts, etc.
- Flexible work hours
- We’ll train you from scratch (video training, one-on-one calls, and SOPs)
- Learn a skill that’s highly sought-after
- Opportunity to move up in the company and earn bonuses
- Work from anywhere (we’re 100% remote)
Want to be notified about jobs like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.