Customer Service Team Member
DC MEMBER The Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
- 💥 Work for a DCer 💥
- 🚀 Opportunity for Growth 🚀
- 🗺 Anywhere in a U.S. Timezone 🗺
Now Hiring: Remote Customer Service
Tradlands is hiring for an organized, motivated customer service team member. It is important the candidate understands the niche our business is in (small, women-run, customer-centric clothing company) so please read more about what we do below. The customer service team member will be responsible for growing and maintaining great relationships with our customers through email, phone, and other platforms. The role would be 10-15 hours per week at $12-15 per hour. Experience in clothing/retail is a bonus. Also, previously working for a remote team would be encouraged.
We create essentials women’s clothing — like button-ups, t-shirts, chinos, and jackets — in small, responsibly made batches. Each new product, like our business, is developed slowly and thoughtfully, with respect for the people we work with and our customers. We carefully engineer each detail — from the fit to the fabric to the trims — and refine your favorites every year. Timeless, well-made essentials that redefine the meaning of effortless style.
Clothing shouldn’t be stressful. Getting dressed shouldn’t cause anxiety. But every woman knows those feelings. Our goal is to create clothing that honors our customers, gives them confidence, creates a canvas for their personal style, and allows them to move through their day with ease — so they can focus on the things that matter most to them. Learn more about what we do here.
About Our Team
Tradlands is a small remote team of 3 full time workers and about 5-8 contractors we work with regularly. If you want to see more about our team, check out our Instagram. View our About stories where we answer questions about what we do. View our Behind The Scenes stories to see how our photoshoot team works together. You can also visit our About page to learn more about what we do and see our full-time team.
We are focused on creating customer happiness through our products, as well as our interactions and conversations. We use this as a litmus test for all of our actions and resulting procedures.
We support team member happiness and growth. This is possible through open communication, empathetic listening, and sharing both our personal and professional goals with each other.
We value focused, hard work when we’re clocked in towards shared company goals. But we also encourage and value enjoying our personal time away from the computer to relax, recharge, and be in the moment of our lives.
Growth is a matter of being pliable with a willingness to learn. We are eager to welcome innovative ideas and strategies in hopes that new insights breed innovation and leadership in our company and our industry. We encourage all team members to never stop growing and learning. Education through new courses and reading is highly encouraged.
We ‘do it now.’ When inspiration strikes, we don’t overplan, we clear our desks, focus, and get work done.
We use good judgement in all situations. We aim to always do the right thing, for our company, for our team, for our customers, and for ourselves.
Excellent communication is the key to clarity. We believe in systems and processes that are effective, efficient, and repeatable. Systems and processes provide a simple, direct path to completing tasks, projects, and our overall mission.
Our systems and processes are intended to be clear and precise enough they can be performed easily by a new team member with minimal yet sufficient training.
About Our Customer Service
Tradlands is a “customer-centric” company and we understand customers are the reason we exist as a company and why we get to do what we love everyday. We go out of our way to satisfy and delight our customers and exceed their expectations at every chance we get. In return we hope our customers go out of their way to spread the word about Tradlands. Like Nordstrom “our goal is to provide outstanding service every day, one customer at a time.”
Working with our company should always be easy. We help everybody who reaches out to us with a positive attitude and a helpful reply, no matter how big or small the request we give them something in return. This rule is particularly important (and effective) when receiving odd or challenging messages. We use good judgement in all situations. We aim to always do the right thing, for our company, for our team, for our customers, and for each other.
While we do occasionally receive an email from an unhappy customer, those experiences are overwhelmingly outnumbered by the patient, smart, grateful emails arriving to our inbox daily.
Who is a Customer Service Team Member?
A compassionate and attentive team member who answers questions about our products, resolve any issues that our customers face with kindness and efficiency, process returns and exchanges, and help maintain our excellent customer service standards.
A location-independent team member who is comfortable communicating and operating through Slack, Asana, Gmail and Help Scout.
Someone who is web-savvy and has experience or is willing to learn to use Shopify and fulfillment software.
Our customers are 99% women and the customer service person will be answering fit questions and concerns for women. It’s very important that the candidate is experienced and comfortable working with women and understanding women’s clothing.
What does a Customer Service Team Member do?
- Build and maintain real, high-quality relationships with our customers
- Composing daily, weekly, monthly summaries, reporting directly to the customer service lead and owners
- Respond to customer emails timely, expertly and efficiently
- Respond to inquiries through chat portal on storefront
- Building and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for your areas of responsibility
- Processing requests for returns and exchanges through our store software
- Using your exceptional people skills to get out in front of potential problems and proactively help customers
- Coordinate with 3PL fulfillment partner to manage inventory and resolve order issues
- Being extraordinarily knowledgeable on our products and proactively sharing the benefits with customers and potential customers
What is a Customer Service Team Member’s strengths?
- Systematic thinker
- Close attention to detail
- Level-headed, especially in adverse situations
- Motivated when working alone
- Tech savvy
- Great writing skills
- Comfortable with sales
- Answer pre-purchase customer service inquiries
- Sizing questions
- Rewards program questions
- Coupon code questions
- Help deciding best product
- “Where can I find your products in person?”
- Answer post-purchase customer inquiries
- Where is my order?
- Can I change my size?
- What is my tracking?
- When will my order ship?
- Delayed shipment
- Lost package
- Can’t track order
- Delivered but didn’t receive order
- How to care for product
- Change order, shipping notification doesn’t change
- Apply discount code retroactively
- Combining discount codes
- Discount code not working
- Damaged item, can replace the item
- Damaged item can not replace the item
- Exchanges/returns usa customers
- Exchanges/returns international customers
- Did you receive my return?
- When can I get my refund?
- Is my exchange on my way?
- Disgruntled customer reply
- Rewards program questions
- Phone calls
- Wholesale questions
- Customer service management
- Update Help Scout knowledge document
- Improve and update FAQ page
- Create Help Scout documents
- New canned responses
- New SOPs
- Update existing SOPs
- Learning about new customer service strategies, tactics, and ideas
- Slack channel with blog posts to read
- Training via Digital Marketer and other resources
- Bring new ideas and improvements to Customer Service lead and owners
- Daily, weekly, monthly reporting
- Attend 2x weekly team and department meetings
- Coordinate with 3PL fulfillment
- Sync webstore inventory to match 3PL available inventory
- Contact account representative about order and inventory issues
- Daily checking of over-allocated orders
- Coordinate and track incoming BOLs
- Product creation and sku/barcode upload into 3PL software
Want to be notified about jobs like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.