E-commerce Marketing Manager
Website The Otaku Box
- 💡 Entry to Mid-Level 💡
- 🔑 Report to Owners 🔑
- ✈️ Opportunity to Travel ✈️
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World 🗺
- 💲 Competitive Salary and Perks 💲
Now Hiring: Remote E-commerce Marketing Manager
We’re hiring an E-commerce marketing manager to head the E-commerce team for The Otaku Box, a company that specializes in anime products and Asian snacks! You’ll be managing a digital marketing team of about ten people, and be expected to drive sales and prove your ROI. This is a great role for someone who wants to get stuff done with minimal input and is confident about driving sales. This isn’t a good role if you want to be told what to do or don’t want to have to perform.
First, here’s what we’re not looking for
We’re not looking for someone who needs to be told what to do or what to create. We’re not looking for someone who needs to be managed. We’re looking for someone who can set, measure, and meet KPIs, with a very high attention to detail and manage a team to get it all done. You should be able to conceptualize, create, measure, report, and optimize entire journeys / funnels without being told what, when, or how – we will not hold your hand or micromanage you. You’ll be required to perform (and prove it), and you’ll be well compensated for great performance. Making stuff happen and increasing sales will be 100% your responsibility. If this doesn’t sound like your cup of tea, stop reading now.
Here’s what we ARE looking for
Someone who knows how to produce sales in E-commerce! You’ll be managing products on Shopify and creating/optimizing a wide variety of marketing using ManyChat, Drip, and PlusThis, and more, connected by zapier, webhooks, and whatever else it takes to get the job done. You’ll be managing and working closely with a digital marketing team and outside agencies that includes PPC marketers, graphics designers, SEO specialists, and ambassadors.
Someone who’s familiar with branding, target audiences, audience personas, and speaking to geeks / nerds! Here’s a hint: it’s virtually all visual.
Someone who’s ready to jump in and start bossing everyone around to get things done. You can’t be shy, you’re the one cracking the whip, pushing the sales, monitoring the ROI, and pushing everyone for more, more more! You can’t be shy or hesitant in this role!
Someone who’s okay being available across the afternoon/evening Japan time, five days a week. Yes, the position is remote, but you gotta be online to communicate during this time.
Someone who’s an excellent copywriter. Obviously, marketing requires great copy. You should be great at writing copy in multiple voices/personas, for multiple personas.
Bottom line: you’ll be doing what it takes to produce sales, as well as reporting on it so you can optimize further. When you apply, make sure to link to your portfolio and/or summary of your past experience (make sure it includes your ROI and how you measured it). Don’t send a LinkedIn link. We don’t use LinkedIn, and can’t see yours if you try to link us to it.
This is a fully remote, contract position with a potential for regular bumps in salary based on performance, paid via bank transfer monthly. We don’t require you to be anywhere in particular or care where you’re from or where you live. You just have to be available in the afternoons and evenings Japan time.
Here are some of the things you’ll be doing
- Assisting with branding: look/feel, target audience personas, copy, etc
- Lots of marketing automation buildout, ongoing optimization, and reporting: Email/Messenger/SMS using Drip and ManyChat
- Leading a digital marketing team to successfully execute and report on your marketing strategies
- Performing CRO with the assistance of the team (and everything that entails) using Google Optimize and HotJar
- Creating polls/surveys and more to find out as much as possible about our current target audience, as well as experimenting with new audiences / personas
- Creating entire lead generation sequences (Content > Optin > Extra Data Collection > Lead Magnet Deliverable > Targeted Followup Lead Nurture, and then ongoing optimization and reporting on this)
- E-commerce website product management and optimization
Here are some of the tools you’ll be using and should be familiar with already or learn really fast
- Drip (Drip experience is required)
- OctaneAI and ManyChat (we’d really love it if you have experience with one of these )
- Typeform or similar
- Zapier (zapier experience is required)
- Google Optimize
Here are some of the KPI’s and reporting you’ll be expected to provide
- E-commerce sales and subscriptions
- Leads generated
- Ongoing measurement, reporting, and optimization of sales funnels
- Product performance and ROI
What we require from a successful applicant
- At least a few years of experience generating a proveable ROI in E-commerce
- Experience working remotely with Asana
- Experience with Zapier
- Incredible attention to detail
What would earn you bonus points during the hiring process
- Experience in the Gaming, Anime or Asian snack niche
- Solid experience with ManyChat
- Solid experience with Google Optimize
What we don’t do
- We don’t micromanage
- We don’t waste your or our time with “company culture”
- We don’t use slack, much less waste time in it. How awesome is that?! Really freaking awesome.
- We don’t make you physically show up anywhere or to anything, ever. 👊
- We don’t really do meetings, so you’re going to need to be very good at taking the initiative and getting stuff done with minimal input.
That means that you
- Must be incredibly self-motivated and really eager to create (and prove) your ROI
- Must be very communicative in Asana
- Will work closely with the owners
- Have to be stoked about working in a position that requires you to perform and rewards you for it
- Shouldn’t care about fluff (think: anything done by a Silicon Valley startup…) and should care about ROI
- Hardware & software if/as needed
- Free Asian stuff if you want it
- 100% remote. 👊
- No BS, just performance. Good performance? Earn more cash. We’re big on providing frequent and permanent raises for killer performance.
- Everything listed in “What we don’t do” (see above)
Want to be notified about jobs like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.