Marketing Content Writer
Website JM Content Group
DC MEMBER The Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
- 🧨 Staff Pick 🧨
- 💥 Work for a DCer 💥
- 🔑 Report to Founder 🔑
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World 🗺
Now Hiring: Remote Marketing Content Writer
About The Company
JM Content Group works with SaaS and productized service businesses to help them generate more MQLs (and increase revenue).
We’re looking for a writer to work on both internal and client-facing content projects. You’ll work closely with the founder and be given the tools and support you need to make an impact. For the right candidate, this position offers a ton of growth opportunities.
To succeed in this role, you must have a growth mindset, be reliable (i.e You do what you say you are going to do) and be results-oriented.
What you will be doing
- Writing 1-2 detailed, well-researched pieces of content each week
- Repurposing existing content assets into new formats. (Ex: Creating a blog post to summarize the key points of an ebook, turning a blog post into an infographic, etc)
- Working with the founder to build and manage a content calendar (company blog / Linkedin / Twitter, etc)
- Editing copy – blog posts, social media updates, landing pages, etc.
- Building landing pages in WordPress using a DIY website builder
- Creating short video tutorials and screencasts using Loom
- Assisting the founder with special projects such as finding, hiring and managing VAs and graphic designers
- You’re a great writer.
- Please tell me your favorite movie somewhere in your cover letter.
- Critical thinking skills – You are naturally curious and can think critically about what’s most important to include in a piece of content.
- You have some familiarity with content marketing and/or copywriting. You don’t need to be an expert. However, if you don’t know what SEO, Facebook ads or WordPress are, this might not be the right role for you.
- You are reliable; You do what you say you are going to do. You are never miss deadlines.
- You’re coachable – You actively solicit feedback.
- You are self-motivated – You are naturally driven and able to work independently. If a problem arises, you take responsibility for it instead of making excuses or placing blame.
Nice to haves
- Familiar with Ahrefs and Google Analytics
- Prior experience using project management software (We use Trello!)
- You have graphic design experience (i.e. can design banners for blog posts, social media images, etc.)
- You have prior experience working as a journalist or have a college degree in journalism, advertising or marketing.
- Flexibility – We don’t care when or where you work as long as you meet your deadlines and are available for one 60 minute call each week sometime during US business hours.
- Autonomy in your role (after training period)
- This role is flexible and you’ll have the ability to design your path as you see fit. If you just want to write, that’s cool. However, there is also an opportunity to grow into a project manager or content strategy role.
- Work directly with the founder
- 90 day probation period where you’ll be paid on a per-project basis. After that, this will move to a permanent contract position.
- Roughly 15-20 hours per week to start.
Want to be notified about jobs like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.