Website Teacher Creature
DC MEMBER The Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
- 💥 Work for a DCer 💥
- 💡 3-5 Years of Experience 💡
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World 🗺 (Philippines or Eastern Europe preferred)
Now Hiring: Remote PHP Developer
About Us / Who We Are
Team Teacher Creature consists of six remote, freelance workers.
I, the guy who started the site, Ryan, am from the US (Virginia). But I used to live in Prague, the Czech Republic – that’s where I got the idea for the site.
Back then, I was working as a freelance English teacher and one thing I noticed very quickly was that there was a big demand for conversations with a native speaker, and a big demand from native speakers to find students. But students didn’t want to pay a language agency (they charge a lot), and teachers wanted private students (agencies don’t pay well).
So that’s how Teacher Creature was born.
It’s working well in Prague. And now it’s time to add new features and take it to more cities.
That’s where you come in…
About the role
My team and I just launched our new website and we need an experienced PHP full stack developer to:
- Work with our existing developer in developing more features for the site
- Do code reviews
- Share amazing ideas on improving our existing infrastructure and technologies to scale the site better
You must have the following skills
- 3-5 years experience as a full-stack developer
- Knowledge: PHP, Laravel Framework v5 or the latest Vuejs, Vuetify & bootstrap 4, Github or Bitbucket
- Communication: conversational English
- Confidence: if you have a better idea I want to hear it
Also, we follow Scrum project management principles (if you’ve never been on a Scrum / agile team, that’s not a problem), which means:
- You’ll be in touch with the project manager daily, M-F
- We’ll have a weekly Scrum meeting on Skype (currently Tuesdays 7PM EST, but this is flexible)
- And, you’re able to start immediately
The next step
Still with me?
The first step will be to send a cover letter. If everything looks good, I’ll contact you in a week or two and ask you to submit some code samples for a senior developer to look at.
If he says everything is good, then the next step will be a skype interview. After that, I’ll ask you to arrange calls with former managers/clients. Then there will be a paid test job. And finally, if everything goes well, we can start!
Thanks for looking!
Want to be notified about jobs like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.