Marketing Coordinator – Website & Social Media
Website Rustic Pathways
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 💡 Entry-Level 💡
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
At Rustic Pathways
The Website & Social Media Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting key components of marketing and communications at Rustic Pathways that directly drive sales. You manage all content and functionality across our websites, ensuring product and other company information is always accurate and up to date. You are also responsible for managing our social media accounts, creating content and ensuring it is shared via the appropriate social channel.
Using data and critical analysis to ground your thinking, the Marketing Coordinator works directly with the Content Manager and the Social & Influencer Marketing Manager to concept creative, on-brand ideas across our websites and social channels. You also collaborate across the marketing team, working with other coordinators and graphic designers to ensure all deadlines and expectations are met. A lover of data, you continually review various aspects of campaign performance (including email, forms, social messages, website use) and make improvements to increase sales.
The ideal candidate is flexible and thrives in a fast-paced environment that works across international time zones and cultures. Our office is casual, but we take our work seriously. You will be successful in this role if you are extremely detail oriented and complete tasks quickly and efficiently. You must also be both an independent worker as well as a strong contributor to team brainstorms; this is a collaborative, feedback-driven team environment that values proactiveness.
Strong communication skills, an eye for design, a love for data, and a passion for experiential education and international travel are a must!
NOTE: This is a work from home position.
- Website Content & Functionality Management.
- Manage all website content, including copyediting, proofreading, and updating.
- Coordinate across company departments and country teams to ensure program itineraries, packing lists, and other important information are up to date.
- Support website design and development. Gather requirements, involve stakeholders and ensure projects are being completed on time.
- Work with website designers to improve site navigation and user experience.
- Collaborate with other members of the marketing team to develop and create innovative ways to share and promote content on our website through our blog and specific landing pages, especially during sales promotions and other marketing campaigns.
- Work to build a rich experience across all pages and programs on the website, with a compelling use of media, text, and calls to action.
- Use Google Analytics and other data tools to report website and visitor stats.
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and events.
Social Media Marketing Responsibilities
- Community management of social media accounts including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. This includes responding to comments and questions and engaging with our audience to network and build strong client relationships.
- Create engaging, shareable content across all social platforms. This includes writing post captions, creating videos, choosing photos, curating articles, etc.
- Manage a content calendar for all platform and schedule all content using a 3rd party management system (i.e. Hootsuite, Later, etc.).
- Develop strong relationships with bloggers, social media personalities, and other online influencers.
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of social media campaigns (quantitatively and qualitatively).
- Report on current trends in social media in the educational travel industry and among teenagers and young adults.
- Write copy and choose photos for ads on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Manage Rustic Pathways community inbox.
General Marketing Responsibilities
- Draft and copy edit other Rustic Pathways communications materials (blog, email, print, etc.) as needed.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
- Years of Experience: 1-3 years experience working in communications, marketing, or editorial industry.
- Education: Bachelors degree in communications, marketing, business, or related field OR a combination of education and work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and analysis.
- Strong strategic agility; you see the larger vision of a program, and make strategic decisions to get there, utilizing resources efficiently and executing accordingly.
- Excellent project management skills; you know how to take a list of ideas and turn it into an actionable plan, and you are an expert at coordinating across team members to manage against that plan.
- Excellent verbal communicator with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Always looking at what the competition is doing, trends in the industry, and finding ways to innovate at Rustic Pathways
Analytical, organized, and good with logistics.
- Experience working in a high pressure, high demand, and fast-paced growth environment.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves, get-it-done attitude.
- Strong attention to detail in grammar, spelling, and copy-editing.
- Comfortable giving and receiving constructive edits and feedback.
- Prior experience in program operations at Rustic Pathways or other educational travel organization strongly preferred.
- Ability to work 1 – 3 hours over the weekend.
- Experience with WordPress/other CMS preferred.
- Experience with Later & Hootsuite social management software preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce or Hubspot a plus.
Equal Employment At-Will Notice
Rustic Pathways is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons and maintaining a work environment that is free of harassment and discriminatory conduct. All employment decisions at Rustic Pathways are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. Rustic Pathways takes all allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation very seriously and will promptly conduct an investigation when warranted.
Each employee of Rustic Pathways is employed at will, which means either the Company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any or no reason, with or without advanced notice. No individual or representative of the Rustic Pathways can change this at-will relationship absent a specific, written contract signed by the Company s Chief Executive Officer or designee.