Head of Customer Advocacy
Website Scott's Cheap Flights
DC MEMBER The Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
- 💥 Work for a DCer 💥
We believe that to travel is to live
Since 2015, Scott’s Cheap Flights has quickly grown from a side project to the world’s favorite cheap flight alert platform with over 1.6M members worldwide. Each and every day, we work hard to help people travel and experience the world by finding international flights for up to 90% off normal prices.
Why we’re hiring for this role now
- Customer support has always been one of the core areas of focus for Scott’s Cheap Flights and has helped turn the company into the world’s favorite cheap flight alert platform.
- We want to double down on this member-first approach and ensure we have world-class support for the next phase of the company’s growth.
About the role
As the Head of Customer Advocacy you will be responsible for ensuring that our 1.5 million+ members experience world class support. You will do this by leading the existing 10-person global team and creating strategies and processes that help them grow with the company. You will take a data-driven approach to understand, communicate, and solve our members’ wants and frustrations by working with the Product and Leadership teams.
Areas of focus
- Constantly provide useful and personalized feedback to the team members to ensure everyone is growing their skills with the needs of the company.
- Help the Advocacy Team understand the company-wide context in which it operates by connecting the team’s goals to the broader company goals.
- Forecast customer support needs and headcount to make sure the Advocacy Team is scaling in step with support volume.
- Develop training materials and onboarding processes for all team member levels within the Advocacy Team that can be expanded upon and re-used as the team grows.
- Foster a positive, supportive, and high integrity work environment for the global Advocacy Team.
- Track and measure the Advocacy Team’s impact on customer loyalty, satisfaction, retention and lifetime value.
- Utilize analytics tools to understand and provide recommendations to the leadership team around customer trends, behaviors, frustrations, and other insights that will help improve member satisfaction and key business metrics.
- Evaluate, test, and implement best-in-class and data-driven strategies, processes, and tools to improve the experience of a Scott’s Cheap Flights member and the experience of our internal team.
- Automate key processes to prevent the team from wasting effort and resources.
- Collaborate with our Product Team by creating pitches for new features and improvements for our customers and internal team.
Success in this role looks like
A successful Head of Customer Advocacy will help the Scott’s Cheap Flights advocacy team become a world-class support organization. This will be done through a combination of fostering strong team dynamics, making data-backed improvements, and proactively finding ways to improve the service for our members.
Our ideal candidate has
- Proven track record of leading and scaling a global B2C support team.
- Experience selecting and implementing best-in-class support software and tools to the fullest of their abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical skillset to help optimize the experience for our members.
- Empathy for our members and an ability to put yourself in our members’ shoes.
- Strong passion and desire to build a world class support organization.
- Ability to create, and train others to create, email response templates that solve problems, are on-brand, and educate members on our paid offerings.
- Experience collaborating with other teams, specifically Product teams, to improve the experience for members.
- Ownership of various customer touch points including support inbox, social channels, and knowledge base.
- Ability to gather and solicit feedback and make decisions.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, unafraid of change, and proactive.
- Remote work experience.
- Passion for travel.
We work remotely
- Scott’s Cheap Flights is a 100% remote (distributed) team, with employees around the world.
- We know remote work isn’t for everyone, so we encourage you to learn more about our values, how we work, the tools we use and some of the amazing benefits we offer before applying.
Sound like your dream role? Apply today.