Senior Content Marketing Manager
Website Scott's Cheap Flights
DC MEMBER The Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
- 🔑 Report to Founder 🔑
- Work for a DCer
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
We’re obsessed with helping people see the world for far less money than they ever thought possible.
Our business model is simple: our team of flight experts search for incredible deals on international flights 24/7. When we find a cheap flight that passes our stringent quality standards (factors include ticket price, itinerary, airline reputation and extra fees and more), we email members with details and booking instructions.
Our vision is to be the first place people turn when planning or booking an international trip.
Since opening our platform to the public in 2015, more than 1,500,000 people around the world have joined and saved over $100 million on international flights!
We work remotely.
We’re a 100% remote company, with team members distributed around the globe in over a dozen countries.
Please note: While this role is open to candidates located anywhere, we do require several hours a day of availability during Pacific Time for team collaboration.
Curious to learn more?
You can also listen to an in-depth podcast on Indie Hacker: Building a Million Dollar Mailing List with Scott of Scott’s Cheap Flights on how he grew the business.
As a Senior Content Marketing Manager you will…
- Develop and manage Scott’s Cheap Flights’ content strategy and editorial calendar for a global audience
- Build and manage a team of freelance writers to create and promote content that attracts high-LTV customers
- Create a scalable content marketing engine that balances growth, brand, community engagement, and customer experience
- Rigorously analyze results to optimize the types of content we’re creating
- Analyze keywords and create content to increase organic rankings
- Develop content that attracts new users, media attention, and links from relevant websites
- Effectively promote content so that it is seen by our target audience and helps the company grow
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience leading content marketing efforts
- Strong background in SEO and keyword research (preferably with experience in international SEO)
- Proven track record growing a B2C company via content marketing
- Experience hiring and managing a team of 10+ freelance writers
- Extremely strong analytical skills to understand which content is driving the business forward
- Ability to create content and tell stories for different customer personas at different stages of the customer’s life cycle
- Experience building a content strategy and editorial calendar
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to gather and solicit feedback and make decisions
- Comfortable with ambiguity, unafraid of change, and proactive
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Remote work experience
What we value:
- Be a team player
- Embrace change
- Advocate for members
- Communicate clearly
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and stake in the success of the company
- Unlimited PTO: We are a travel company, after all
- 401k with a company match
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: Top-tier health insurance plans for you and your dependents (for US-based employees)
- Paid family leave: 3 months of paid leave for you and your new family
- Equipment: We’ll make sure you have the office equipment and technology you need to succeed
- Fitness: Get reimbursed for gym memberships, fitness activities, and exercise media
- Continuing education: We will reimburse books, seminars, webinars, classes, workshops, or conferences that are of high educational value to your career
- Volunteer time off: One full day or two half-days per calendar year to volunteer for an organization or cause that you feel strongly about
- Meet up perk: If you are meeting up with a fellow Scott’s Cheap Flights team member each person gets reimbursed for food, drinks, or do something awesome
- On your birthday: take the day off!
We’re a 100% remote team:
- Our team is distributed around the globe and as a remote-only company we have all of the infrastructure in place to work well both synchronously and asynchronously including Slack, Zoom, Google Team Drive, Geekbot, etc.
- Since we don’t have any offices, nobody accidentally gets left out while the rest of the team huddles in a conference room or water cooler