At Liftopia, we’re building tools that are igniting a movement in the ski and attractions industries, bringing innovative changes that benefit both our partners and their customers. Our unmatched e-commerce, yield management, and business intelligence tools allow resorts and attractions to offer robust pricing strategies and advanced purchase for their tickets, lessons, rentals, and other recreational products. As a result, Liftopia helps its partners grow their revenue through advanced-purchase ticketing strategies, while consumers can enjoy their favorite activities more frequently and at more affordable prices.
Liftopia is already the largest seller of lift tickets online and the #1 e-commerce provider for ski resorts, and is actively expanding to include partnerships with waterparks and other attractions. We are a growing, venture-backed company and our passionate team is the driving force behind our success. We are propelled by our vision to transform the online ticketing experience and increase the success of our partners.
We’re based in San Francisco, California and are looking to hire Seasonal Customer Support Representatives to join our remote employee workforce across the country. Our team is passionate about helping people do the activities they love more often. You belong here if this quickens your pulse and makes you want to roll-up your sleeves!
The Role: Seasonal Customer Support Representative (Remote)
As a Seasonal Customer Support Representative, you will help individuals from all over the world get on the slopes by assisting them in making purchases and responding to issues with existing orders via phone, email, and chat. As this is a temporary role expected to last approximately until March, it is not eligible for company benefits; however, this position is a great gateway to the ski, activity, and tech industries and Liftopia occasionally hires seasonal employees on full-time at the end of the season.
NOTE: Candidates must reside in one of the following states: CA, CO (Denver Only), FL, MA, TX, VT, or WA.
- Be the first point of contact for our customers
- Respond to customers’ incoming calls, emails, and chats
- Process existing order inquires, changes, and or edits
- Provide timely and accurate information to incoming customers about products on our multiple platforms
- Explain to customers how our site and app works
- Process resort closures due to weather, road closures, airport closures, and or emergencies
- Process payments, refunds, and credits
- Monitor industry websites, social networking sites, and customer feedback
- Coordinate with our Partner Operations team to help prioritize resort requests
- Be the voice of the company to our customers
- Other ad hoc projects
- 2+ years of phone, email, and chat based support or equivalent customer facing service experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer and internet skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and ability to learn quickly
- Positive attitude, level-headed, and good composure
- Reliable internet setup at home
- Able to work 6am PST shifts, weekends, holiday and/or be on call during peak season.
- Available to work until the end of March 2019.
- Reside in one of the following states: CA, CO, FL, MA, TX, VT, or WA.
- 5 shifts per week for a total of 40 hours per week
- Shifts start between 6am-9am Pacific Time
- Schedules will be set as early and with as much flexibility as possible, and will include:
- Saturdays and/or Sundays
- Holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, President’s Day, etc)
- The length of the season depends on weather and demand, but typically lasts until March
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years experience supporting an Internet eCommerce site
- Experience with the travel industry
- Ability to conversationally speak, read, and write in Spanish or French (A BIG PLUS)
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly pay ($15/hr)
- Sweet Liftopia swag!
Interested? Apply! And, in your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
1. What state do you live in?
2. If you were to accept an offer, how soon would you be available to start?
3. Are you willing to work weekends and winter holidays as outlined in the job description?
4. Are you able and willing to work shifts that start at 6am Pacific?
5. As a remote employee, reliability is paramount. Are you committed to responding to inbound calls and requests immediately when they come in?
6. Give us an example where you had to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability?
7. What does patience mean to you? Feel free to provide examples of practicing patience.
8. When have you received outstanding customer support from someone? What did that sound like? What did you experience?
9. Tell us about a time when you anticipated a problem before it occurred.
10. Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
11. What got you interested in this position at Liftopia?
Liftopia is dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.