Website Aspect Software Inc
Aspect employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values customer obsession, unlocked communications and relentless innovation. Our ability to think big has enabled us to continually evolve and lead the market, and to stay on the forefront with exciting technologies including cloud, mobile and artificial intelligence.
GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
Designs, develops and manages activities for a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through production, release, and end of life. Serves as the central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to production and distribution. Involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product’s lifecycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line. Provides a common focal point for new product development and introduction. This is a cross-functional role that incorporates key Corporate initiatives into product development. Interacts with marketing, sales, technical support, QA, manufacturing etc. as well as external customers to ensure that products have necessary features, cost parameters, manufacturability goals, reliability targets and release schedules. May participate on various product development teams in the company from conceptual meetings to manufacturing release. Incumbents may have a varied background in engineering, marketing and/or manufacturing.
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic direction based on customer needs and business goals
- Define the business case for complex feature requirements
- Works with cross functional teams and influences others toward common goal, regardless of resource and time constraints.
- Coach and mentor junior-level product managers on process or specific requirements.
- Expert on industry business processes such as customer service, collections, sales and telemarketing.
- Conducts market research and SWOT analyses
- Defines product pricing
- Interpret strategic goals into operational tasks
- Make proposals to senior management regarding implications of proposed plans
- Manages external vendors and deliverables
- Evaluates risks and trade-offs; proposes contingency plans
- Establishes business plan and operational goals
- Makes build versus buy decisions
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Background in Workforce Optimization, specifically performance management and analytics (speech, text, desktop) required. Knowledge of full WFO also a bonus.
- Highly specialized level of expertise in assigned products and business processes.
- Ability to communicate complex information to sales, marketing, customers and partners.
- High speed, multi-tasking abilities, and the ability to prioritize market/ customer/ sales needs to yield the highest results
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills. Professional demeanor to maintain and enhance relationships.
- Champions most complex initiatives with organization wide impact, such as product vision, roadmap and launch plans.
- Highly specialized level of skill in collaboration, strategic thinking, negotiation and product life cycle management.
- Ability to use professional concepts in developing approaches in the solution of critical problems and broad design issues. Acts Independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to lower level personnel.
- Capability to work on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables.
- Ability to provide solutions that are highly creative and to exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Skills required to work on problems that have long term impact on success of organization.
- 15 + years of relevant experience, must have strong WFO background within similar business environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. May prefer advanced degree.
- Ability to pass a background check may also be required.
- Physical requirements include sitting for long periods of time. Willingness to travel 30% of the time.
- PMP or project management certification a plus
- Travel between 20% – 30% on national and international level
Aspect is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.