Senior Account Executive, Strategic Accounts
- 💡 Mid-Level 💡
- 🗺 Anywhere in North America 🗺
The Strategic Accounts team at Shopify Plus was created to address the unique needs of large, complex organizations. The Multinational portfolio is focused on Fortune 500 companies with at least 20 brands in their portfolio. While many of these accounts tend to be in the consumer-packaged goods (CPG) space such as P&G, Unilever, Nestle, etc. There are many additional large opportunities in the fashion, beauty, telecom and luxury markets.
This role is a combination of sales, brand evangelism and account management with the goal to help develop strong, deep relationships with companies that are of long-term strategic interest to Shopify Plus. Some of the opportunities will be net new and will require extensive team alignment to become an approved vendor. Others will focus on growing Shopify’s role and presence within their organization and require close coordination with launch engineers and merchant success managers to ensure excellent merchant experiences.
- Create deep and meaningful relationships inside multinational organizations
- Build for the long term – assist in building and shaping Shopify’s CPG and Multinational strategy
- High awareness of the CPG/Luxury/Beauty markets to create new opportunities for Plus – consider mergers & acquisitions, new brand launches and existing iconic brands
- Leverage your growth mindset to create new business, take Plus to new markets and outbound
- Sell software to some of the biggest organizations on earth
Requirements for the role
- Minimum 8 years of sales experience, preferably in SaaS or technology, with demonstrated success building deep relationships with complex, large organizations and CPGs
- Experience managing and closing a mix of complex deals with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work cross functionally with other teams, building internal relationships
- Understanding the structure, nature, and priorities of large multinationals
- Curiosity to learn and ownership of personal development
- Consistently meets and exceeds expectations while delivering a world class merchant experience
This posting closes on Friday, July 19th at 12PM EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.