Linux System AdministratorApply Now
Website Site Arrow
DC MEMBER The Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
- 💡 Mid Level 💡
- 💥 Work for a DCer 💥
- 🔑 Report to Founder 🔑
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World 🗺
About the Role
We are looking for a Linux System Administrator to help build, maintain, configure and secure our web hosting and VPS hosting servers.
Site Arrow’s portfolio of 7 web hosting brands is responsible for a network that covers most large cities in the US, plus a number of international locations including Germany, Netherlands, Brazil, Singapore, and Australia. Over the last year, we added customers from 7 different brands that we acquired to our networks, with a mix of introducing new servers and locations to our global network and migrating customers to our existing infrastructure. You can learn more about our company and our Core Values here.
To be successful in this role, you should be an excellent written communicator who is able to earn our clients’ and team’s trust. You should also be familiar with web hosting products and services such as cPanel, Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, and Exim.
Ultimately, you will help maintain our reputation as a company that offers excellent service and support.
- Ensuring the stability and reliability of our servers
- Serving as a point of contact for support staff seeking higher level technical assistance
- Installing, configuring and maintaining services across our fleet of servers
- Monitoring servers for stability and taking both proactive and reactive measures to correct and prevent issues
- Monitoring servers for abuse or excessive usage by customers and enforcing our resource usage policies and limits
- Providing fellow system administrators and support representatives with technical support and guidance
- Assisting clients in transferring accounts to our servers
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as CloudLinux, cPanel, Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, and Exim across our fleet of servers
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven work experience as a system administrator or junior system administrator
- Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Advanced knowledge of cPanel/WHM control panel
- Advanced knowledge of Apache
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues
- Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Exim
- Advanced knowledge of Virtualizor
- Knowledge of bash and Perl shell scripting
- Knowledge of CloudLinux
- Understanding of PHP and HTML to troubleshoot advanced issues with web sites
Benefits and Perks
- Remote Company – live from wherever in the world you like, and travel while you work – so long as you have a good enough internet connection to complete your tasks
- Small Team – report directly to the founder, who is in charge of all infrastructure
- Good Partnerships – Site Arrow is a NOC partner with cPanel, Softaculous, WHMCS and a Cloudflare Optimised Partner.
- Average patch delivery time
- Server downtime and issue count to server cost ratio
- Number of undocumented procedures
- Average ticket response/resolution time
- Team satisfaction score