Website Green Story
Green Story is looking for a strong content writer and social media manager. If you are passionate about the green sector and helping clients learning about the issues in the environmental and social impact space, we want to talk with you!
What you will do:
• Write and posting social media content
• Write bi-weekly blog posts about Green Story and sustainability news
• Build affinity relationships with bloggers, influencers and affinity brands
• Develop our social media plan and manage a social content calendar
• Own and manage the day to day running of all social media accounts
• Support the planning and implementation of organic social media campaigns
• Maximize online exposure for the brand using digital marketing
• Find creative ways to produce related pieces across many mediums and channels
We are looking for:
• The ability to organize a complex Text with Topics, Keywords, External Hyperlinks, Internal Hyperlinks, for better interactivity and search results.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content
• A portfolio of created and published content (blog posts, twitter, Instagram, photos, videos…)
• A passion to make a difference and help others
• Interested in learning and is resourceful (can figure stuff out by researching online)
• Motivated by Green Story’s mission
What’s in it for you:
Green Story is the world’s first analytics and marketing platform aimed at green companies. We have a lot of attention, and a lot of help. You’ll get to meet leaders in the field and learn the many aspects of starting up and potentially seeing through the growth phases.
We are a startup and you will have a big role but don’t worry because we will coach you along the way. We have flat structure so you will work directly with experienced founders and experts.
If the company is meeting its targets, there is the option of a full time position on completion of a 4 month work term
We will also provide or a formal letter of reference highlighting your contributions and accomplishments throughout the term
Work remotely on a preferred schedule of yours. We will choose the best way to sync with the team.
We value sense of ownership and empower people to take their own decisions and actions. We expect a lot, but we give a lot, and you can choose when: late night person? Fine. Early morning person? Ok. This role is flexible – you can work on your own schedule as long as you get the job done.
You’ll have a decisive hand in building the next big thing on in sustainability and feel good about making a positive contribution to the society and the environment.
SALARY: $30,000 p.a.
About Green Story
Green Story is a sustainability focused technology start-up with a vision to make social impact and environmental marketing affordable, simple and accessible for small and medium enterprises. We offer a simplified sustainability performance measurement & consumer engagement platform (Software-as-a-service) for small and medium sized enterprises. We work with a range of companies from waste management firms to one of North America’s largest bottled water manufacturers to engage stakeholders and to measure and communicate impact. Green Story is a Social Capital Markets scholarship recipient, a member of the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing, and part of Ryerson University’s Social Venture Zone.