Social Media Strategist
Website National Domestic Workers Alliance - NDWA
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
The National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA) is the nation’s leading voice for dignity and fairness for the millions of nannies, housecleaners, and caregivers in the United States, most of whom are women. Founded in 2007, we are powered by over 60 affiliate organizations in 36 cities and 17 states. We are organizing for better working conditions and building powerful movements for racial, gender, and economic justice led by women of color, workers, and immigrants.
- Manage the National Domestic Workers Alliance accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, potentially other platforms or accounts in future
- Respond to and engage with supporters and workers on social media, answering questions and providing information
- Create social media toolkits to help other organizations and individuals amplify our messages, and coordinate with other orgs around social media pushes
- Organize Twitter chats, Thunderclaps, and other online moments or days of action
- Create social media graphics in collaboration with NDWA’s design team
- Create content to help promote the online presence of NDWA’s leaders and spokespeople
- Write as needed for online ads, video scripts, websites, SMS, and email
We’re looking for a great writer who can build and engage our diverse audience of supporters, activists, and domestic workers online — including nannies, house cleaners, and care workers across the country. Specifically, you should be:
- A sharp writer, primarily for social media content that engages workers and activists. Digital writing for social media and other online platforms is the focus of this position.
- A native or fluent Spanish speaker who can write in both languages as well as translate text from Spanish to English and English to Spanish.
- Metrics-driven and familiar with online metrics and reporting. We have ambitious goals around the numbers of supporters, activists, and domestic workers we’re looking to reach, so you should be comfortable with social media metrics and analytics such as Facebook Insights, Twitter Insights, and Google Analytics, and know how to use them to drive social media strategy and tactics.
- Skilled at writing for a range of digital mediums. While most of your work will be around social media and online ads, you’ll likely do some writing for SMS, email, and website content.
- Able to think like a marketer about what will grab our audiences and bring them in.
- Able to think like an organizer about how we keep our audiences of domestic workers and activists engaged after our initial contact with them, and to engage with our members and activists to understand what drives them.
The ideal candidate has experience managing social media and/or doing online marketing for a nonprofit, campaign, or company. However, we’re open to a range of different backgrounds, so let us know why you think you would be a good fit for this position and what you would bring to it!