Solution Sales Specialist
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of clinical trial implementation. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 800 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 12,000 clinical trials. We are still led by co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
The Mobile Health (mHealth) team is part of the Chief Operating Officer’s organization and is responsible for the development and commercialization of Medidata’s offering to support mobile-enabled trials. This team works closely with life sciences companies to execute clinical trials that include a biosensor, wearable device, or mobile app. As the Mobile Health Platform Adoption Principal with Medidata, you are the primary resource responsible for driving and closing sales across the mHealth franchise.
• To partner with Medidata Account Based Sales Representatives across Enterprise Accounts, and Partner Accounts to develop, maintain, and drive to closure a sales pipeline across the mHealth Franchise in line with quarterly and current year revenue, sales, and backlog expectations
• You will also partner with the Vice President, Strategic Services and the Strategic Consulting Services (SCS) team to develop a pipeline of professional services and SCS opportunities in line with quarterly and current year revenue, sales, and backlog expectations
• Assist the Managing Director, mHealth and the Product and Field based marketing organizations to plan and execute relevant and timely marketing activities – such as email campaigns, seminars, case studies, press releases, and white papers
• Assist the Managing Director, mHealth and Sales management with the creation of effective sales enablement collateral for use the Account Based Sales team, including but not limited to: Client facing presentations and fact sheets and pricing and value models
• You are our eyes and ears – and will be relaying feedback from the usage of Medidata’s mobile health offering in the field to the mHealth team.
• You’ll be our solutions evangelist – and participate in both company and industry sponsored events as a participant and speaker to create additional demand for Medidata’s capabilities and services across the mHealth Franchise
• Other Responsibilities as assigned
• You don’t sell a product – you sell value; you are a true consultative sales professional, having gained this experience through SaaS technology solutions, implementation services, and mHealth solutions into the Pharmaceutical industry
• You’re an A-player – with multi-year track record of sales quota attainment
• Excellent rapport building skills – you are able to connect with stakeholders and influencers at all levels within the account and can demonstrate your experience working with and selling to senior client resources (SVP, C-Level)
• You understand that sales are not down to luck, it’s a process; you are well versed in adopting sales methodologies and following them through – particularly consultative, solution selling and/or Value selling principles.
• You’ll be travelling across EMEA to customer sites – and are willing and able to do to do so (50% at peak times – will vary by quarter) domestically and internationally
• You’re bringing your knowledge and experience to this role – ideally within the following areas: Clinical Trial process, technology, and data
• As well as your strong business planning and organizational skills, you’re a team player, collaboration is key and have a passion for the life sciences space
• Experience working in industry or as a consultant specializing in Clinical Development is highly desired
Your Education & Experience:
• Requires a minimum of 12 years of field sales experience
• Requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years’ experience; or equivalent experience
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn’t happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams