- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
Please note this not a call for freelancer applications. We are looking for a full-time member for our distributed team – you can work from anywhere in the world in this role.
IVPN is a rapidly growing privacy service on a mission to enable people to build relationships with those they trust, and protect themselves from those they don’t. We’ve been around since 2010, but the market has recently exploded with the massive increase in user awareness for online privacy. We are looking for a Staff Writer to craft long-form articles, blog posts and occasionally copy for our website. Our next team member is an experienced writer who cares deeply about topics related to privacy and is ready take ownership over the execution of our content-related plans.
What kind of content we are planning to publish?
- Well-researched 1000+ word articles on privacy, information security, the VPN industry and related topics
- Blog posts responding to recent events relevant to our business based on internal/external data, expert interviews and your analysis
- New entries to our privacy guides section
- We are not looking for fluff pieces, rehashing of topical news with absolutely no added value, listicles etc.
What are you going to be working on in the first 6 months?
- Publishing 1-2 articles per week for our blog/guides section
- Writing a company culture & best practices playbook in cooperation with the leadership team
- Researching and delivering 2-3 in-depth investigative pieces on issues like data collection by ISP’s, ad tracking and data brokers, privacy violations in authoritarian states, etc.
Why Join IVPN?
- Transparent leadership, committed to protecting the privacy of every individual as a number one goal
- TheWireCutter recently picked us as #1 among VPN providers, underlining our established and proven service that’s been around since 2010
- Fully remote setting – most of the IVPN team works from European countries, but you are free to be anywhere in the world and set your own schedule
- We offer a competitive salary, generous vacation policy and to cover the cost of the equipment you need for your job
- You deeply care about all issues concerning the right to privacy
- You are a Native English speaker or you are fluent in English on a similar level
- You have at least two years of experience writing and editing online content and have published articles outside your blog or website
- Your write with a well-developed, engaging style
- You have strong research skills and consistently fact-check your writing
- You possess a high degree of technical proficiency
- You have a strong desire to represent the values of transparency, integrity and factual reporting
Ideally, you also have some experience with SEO, copywriting for web and using content management systems. If you also have a network of contacts in the online privacy/security community you tick all the imaginary boxes and more than ready to hit the Apply button.