Technical Project Manager / Online Campaigner
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
The Technical Project Manager/Online Campaigner is a technical generalist with strong project management, product development, UI/UX expertise and campaigning skills. Duties include supporting weekly online campaigns, training of campaigners in use of our online platform, monitoring email deliverability, technical documentation, tracking and managing small software development projects, and carrying out smaller discrete tech projects such as building web pages or leading the creation of innovative new product.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Suggest creative and efficient technological solutions for specific campaigning needs
- Facilitate communications among non-technical staff, developers, DBAs, system administrators and management to execute those tech solutions
- Carry out support processes, e.g. help desk, software testing, data reporting
- Research new technologies and recommend how/if to integrate with Avaaz technology platform
- Participate in day-to-day tech work related to Avaaz campaigning, including web design, email deliverability, testing, analytics, optimization, quality assurance testing, training, and support
- Participate in the core Avaaz campaigning workflow — suggesting, writing and building email alerts and action pages.
- Design and implement delightfully usable products and improve existing products.
- Train and mentor other staff in UI Design best practices and principles
- Strong communicator in English
- Competency in modern HTML, CSS, and JS best practices and familiarity with one or more common frameworks like jQuery and Bootstrap
- Intermediate or better web client-side debugging skills
- Strong, demonstrable mobile and desktop expertise in UI Design, including interface design and layout, visual design, and interaction design.
- Detail-oriented without paralyzing perfectionism
- Project and product management experience
- Communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues; natural teacher
- Strong culture match for Avaaz and affinity for globalist online grassroots campaigning
- Ability to read and write SQL queries of moderate complexity
- Experience integrating 3rd party services using APIs
- Passion for troubleshooting and diagnosing tough technical issues