WordPress DeveloperApply Now
Website The Tech Tribe
DC MEMBER The Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
- 💡 Mid-Level 💡
- 💥 Work for a DCer 💥
- 🔑 Report to Founder 🔑
I’m Nigel and I’m a surfer, traveller, Dad of 2 little girls and founder of The Tech Tribe and I’m looking for someone to join our team as our wordpress developer/platform manager – looking after all the tools that run our business 😎
You will be working full time however we don’t mind if you work at the beach, a café, a ski resort, a local shopping mall, on top of the closest mountain or at home in your pajamas – as long as you have good Internet – we’re good.
You’re also not going to be stuck working 9-5 – so if you’re a surfer (like me) and the waves are pumping, it’s required that you go and have a surf in the middle of the day (I do 😁).
The platform that runs our business is built on WordPress paired with about 20 other tools and some customization to get it to where it is now.
Here Are Some Typical Tasks:
- Building new features on the platform to better help our Tech Tribers
- Building new web pages on our public site (thetechtribe.com)
- Connecting WordPress to ActiveCampaign automations
- Creating pages in our Portal (we use ThriveArchitect as our page builder)
- Creating and improving Automations in ActiveCampaign (our CRM)
- Making our systems talk better together (we use Zapier to integrate a few things)
- Fixing any issues or bugs that happen
- Running monthly reconciliations to ensure all the data in our systems line up (and fixing things when they don’t)
- Working with our Customer Service person to help them fix up any problems with members accessing the site
- Running WordPress and plug-in updates to make sure things are up to date
- And much more fun stuff.
To fit in with us and work well us, I’m looking for someone that:
- Firstly (and most importantly) has a sense of humour
- Good project management skills (we won’t micro-manage you)
- A “Can Do” attitude – this one trait will go a long way
- Can work close to the Sydney, Australia timezone (ideally a maximum of 2-3 hours either side)
- Doesn’t miss small details (I’m super detailed myself)
- Is ideally close by the AEDT/AEST timezone
- Is happy moving between different tasks and projects regularly (I tend to move fast and have a lot going on at once)
If you have any of the following, it’ll really help you stand out from the crowd:
- Experience working on a Membership Site
- Experience working with Thrive Architect
- Experience using some of our other tools: including ThriveCart, Memberium, ActiveCampaign, Stripe, Zapier – however don’t worry if you haven’t used them all – if you’re a tech geek like me, you’ll pick them up pretty quickly.
- Experience using the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence etc)
- Experience with the Agile framework (we’d love for you to help us implement it)
So, who the heck is Nigel and what the heck is the business?
So, here’s 45 seconds about us… I’ve been in the IT industry since 1998 and eventually started working for myself in 2008 by founding an IT Support business (yep, I’m a geek 🤓). I eventually sold that business in 2016 and started this new business (The Tech Tribe).
In The Tech Tribe, we help owners of IT Support businesses better run and grow their business. We do this by building them templates, training them, coaching them and hosting a community of their peers all around the world that they can share their journey with (we have hundreds of clients all over the world – we call them ‘Tribers’).
We’re growing and have some big plans for the next few years and as part of that we need someone full time to help improve and grow out our platform.
I’m lucky enough to LOVE what I do and I want to help whoever we hire in this role to have the same love for what they do (if you want to hear more about what we do – listen to some of the podcast interviews on this page: https://thetechtribe.com/media/ (my favorite is the Frankly MSP one).