Director of Communications
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- 🏝 Company Retreat 🏝
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
Who We Are
Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. We provide 1-on-1 learning through our network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers programs in web development, data science, and design, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S. To join the Thinkful network visit thinkful.com.
In this role, you will help lead the overall marketing team strategy, but will be specifically responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive communications strategy to promote Thinkfuls’ visibility and brand. You will have a proven track record of building and improving a communications strategy with written, visual, and video content. In this role, you will serve as the architect for all internal and external communications, managing all aspects of the communications team, including website management, social media, partnerships, PR, and emails. The director will work closely with the marketing and brand teams to effectively promote Thinkful, its brand, people, mission, and courses.
It could not be a more exciting time to join Thinkful’s Marketing team! The company is growing and the marketing team will more than double in headcount this year. Join us and help us scale marketing to power our next phase of growth!
Within 1 month, you will
- Meet 1:1 with all members and agencies within the marketing and brand teams
- Manage the relationship with our PR agency
- Begin defining the go-to-market communications strategy
- Collaborate with HR to begin hiring for an email manager
- Take part in team planning and retrospective meetings
- Spend time getting to know your remote peers over video calls
Within 3 months, you will
- Finalize the lead nurturing strategy, with a focus on improved funnel conversions
- Collaborate with the brand team on brand voice/single voice in market
- Use data and metrics to report on the results of communications efforts and use what is learned to adjust and plan future work
- Report on top level performance across partnerships, email, and PR, working to increase the impact of PR and partnerships while improving conversion rates within email
- Begin fostering authentic media and influencer relationships to generate press
- Manage competing priorities while focusing on value delivery
- Receive regular performance feedback from your manager and peers
- Develop a career growth plan and goals with your manager
Within 6-12 months, you will
- Deliver communication strategy for current students and alumni
- Have strategic communication processes down to a science for common occurrences like new courses, partnerships, and city launches
- Standardize and document operating procedures.
- Invest in additional hires to own or contribute to areas that need support
- Invest in a culture of accountability by holding yourself and your peers to high standards.
- Meet your peers face-to-face at “Weekful”, our annual all-company retreat.
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive base salary and equity
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance are 100% covered for individuals and meaningfully covered for families
- 401k plan options
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Expand your skills with free Thinkful courses and a Mentor, plus discounts for friends and family
- Commuter Benefits Card via WageWorks
- Paid Parental Leave
If you are interested in this position please provide your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role.
Thinkful can only hire candidates who are eligible to work in the United States.
We stand against any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Thinkful provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. If you’re talented and driven, please apply.