Prep Program ManagerApply Now
- 💡 Entry-Level 💡
- 👪 Family-Friendly 👪
- Anywhere in the U.S.
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
Who We Are
Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. We provide 1-on-1 learning through our network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers programs in web development, data science, and design, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S. To join the Thinkful network visit thinkful.com.
Each student makes a serious commitment and life choice by joining one of our programs. As Prep Program Manager, you ensure prep students attain the proper skills and are qualified to transition into full-time Thinkful courses. As a Prep Program Manager, you’ll engage with students and mentors daily over chat, email, and video calls.You’ll act as the student advisor, counselor, motivator, evaluator, and a lot more. You will communicate the value of Thinkful, onboard new students, answer program questions, share educational resources, set expectations, and resolve any issues they may encounter, all in an effort to convert these prep students into full enrollments.
The job has a lot of variability day-to-day with an emphasis on both hard and soft skills. We will invest in the right person, so talented people with an eagerness to learn, exceed targets and a passion for assisting others in attaining their career goals is what is truly required. Prep Program Managers need a lot of energy, integrity, and positivity to work with a wide variety of student and mentor personalities. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, tracks and reacts to data, can stay organized across a range of responsibilities and autonomously problem solve when needed. You’ll be expected to conceive and experiment with new features for the student experience and conversion, develop new resources and optimize existing processes, and of course, work with various departments within Thinkful to ensure company success.
- Drive student success through any means necessary, including onboarding calls, 1-on-1 and group sessions
- Evaluate student performance through the Prep course in order to determine if students qualify for the full-time course
- Collaborate with the Admissions team in order to identify ways to improve student conversion from Prep to other Thinkful courses
- Hit monthly enrollment goals while ensuring students meet all qualifications
- Keep your students engaged and motivated to ensure they complete curriculum within structured deadlines
- Serve as liaison between students and their mentors and resolve any issues
- Innovate on the product to improve its ROI
- Motivate students to demonstrate high quality output, positive work ethic, and sharp communication skills
- Identify negative learning experiences and intervene ASAP to rectify the situation
- Identify opportunities for improvement across the program; develop clear and strong opinions on the product, pedagogy, curriculum, mentorship, and program structure
- 1+ years experience in internal sales, admissions, recruitment, or operations role
- Creative and flexible day-to-day problem solver
- Stay organized and focused while managing many competing priorities
- Motivated by goals, data, and results
- Listens, motivates, and provides valuable feedback to others
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Passion for education, tech, and enthusiasm for Thinkful’s mission
- Basic technical fluency and/or desire to learn more about trends in the tech world
- Enjoy working with people, not just putting head down and working
- Engaged with the tech community in their city, a plus
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive base salary and equity
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance are 100% covered for individuals and meaningfully covered for families
- 401k plan options
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Expand your skills with free Thinkful courses and a Mentor, plus discounts for friends and family
- Commuter Benefits Card via WageWorks
- Paid Parental Leave
If you are interested in this position please provide your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role.
Thinkful can only hire candidates who are eligible to work in the United States.
We stand against any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Thinkful provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. If you’re talented and driven, please apply.