Bilingual (Spanish and English) Contact Center Manager
- 💲Competitive Salary and Perks💲
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum’s financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum’s three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
As the primary point of contact when a client is in need, contact center reps provide an exceptional customer experience. As Manager III, Customer Contact Center, you lead, motivate and inspire a team of bilingual (Spanish/English) employees. You help them to deliver on ambitious goals in an ever changing and extremely fast paced environment. Success can be seen in the engagement of your employees, and the satisfaction of those you serve.
The ideal candidate will have strong management experience and the ability to provide leadership in a cross site customer contact center environment supporting Group, Individual and Voluntary Workplace Benefits lines of business. Responsible for ensuring that staff meet financial results, service standards and quality measures, you collaborate and partner with internal and external clients, to resolve customer requests and enhance the overall customer experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages service administration for a block of customers associated with a specific region or block of business.
- Provides collaborative leadership of a large, diverse organization including all aspects of people management – hiring, training, resource allocation, job design, people development and performance management that creates a high-performance operating environment.
- High impact regarding development and implementation of productivity improvements and customer service enhancements through workflow and technology based processes.
- Supports operating expense goals through preparation and management of cost center budget and salary administration, identifying and implementing opportunities that reduce unit costs and increase productivity.
- As the subject matter expert of the unit, demonstrates expertise in the integration of functions, oversight of special projects, and advice and consultation to the staff.
- Analyzes and resolves problems and situations of varying complexities and origins.
- College degree preferred plus a combination of 3-4 years of demonstrated management experience or increasingly responsible leadership accountability for other personnel.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required.
- Solid understanding of customer needs and customer service delivery requirements. Overall knowledge of business workflow within Unum preferred.
- Demonstrated people management experience in motivation, team building, collaboration and performance management.
- Proven ability to make sound business decisions and deliver results.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and make effective decisions.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.