Director of Talent Management
- 💡 Mid-Level 💡
- 🇺🇸 Anywhere in the U.S. 🇺🇸
Wayfair is seeking a Director of Talent Management to support our North American Fulfillment operations.
As a member of the Talent Management Team, you will be responsible for creating and directing talent functions and/or programs for Wayfair’s Fulfillment operations across North America. You will enhance the strategic work of our talent management department by helping to scale our talent operations and improve efficiency, assist in organizational design,assist with policy development and implementation, enable best in class change management and communication, drive better engagement, understand trends in employee relations, run training to develop our managers and identify opportunities to recruit and retain the best people.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues with being decisive. This role requires the ability to develop a strong, diverse, and collaborative organization, and a passion for rolling up your sleeves to get stuff done. You are also someone who is a persuasive communicator with a high level of business acumen. You’re able to understand what the business is trying to achieve and able to provide the support necessary as we strive to delight the customer in her journey to make Wayfair her go to site for everything for her home.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with fulfillment leadership to advise on new policies or policy modification based on business needs.
- Partner with Fulfillment leadership to calibrate teams and succession plan.
- Design and deliver training programs for business leaders
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure compliance across multiple states.
- Provide guidance on matters with large scale impact, including site transitions, site selections, etc.
- Work with Talent Relations to develop and engage our people.
- Work with Talent Acquisition to ensure compliant hiring practices and advise on new approaches to staffing.
- Advise on complex employee relations matters.
- Develop and communicate strategic initiatives in line with overall organizational goals.
- Develops organization strategies by identifying problems impacting business objectives
- Contribute information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction.
- Partner with global talent management to ensure clear communication and improvement of processes where applicable.
- Provide innovative direction on employee matters to help drive business initiatives.
- Analyze programs in place to aid in operations team development.
- Manage a team of senior HR leaders within Wayfair’s fulfillment division.
- Responsible for succession planning and employee development within Wayfair’s Field Talent Management organization.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership and providing innovative solutions to business problems.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 10 years of Human Resources experience in a lean, fast-paced work environment experience in a large, international and high-growth technology company preferred.
- Track record of defining and leading a high-impact talent function within a global, evolving organization.
- Conceptual understanding of employment laws and policies, particularly in the U.S.
- A solution-oriented approach and a strong understanding of how to enable an organization to succeed through talent.
- High degree of business acumen, analytical capability and an ability to adapt to continuous change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or related field. Master’s degree a plus
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Experience managing the HR function across multiple geographic locations
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully work with individuals at varying levels within an organization
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products, Internet navigation, HRIS systems
- Proven ability to multitask
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Able to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.