Website Vox Media
Vox Media contributors thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of networks includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
Vox Media’s SB Nation is the fastest-growing online sports media brand and the largest network of more than 300 individual fan-centric sports communities, including SBNation.com, our national flagship property. Our network is powered by the most respected web-native sports journalists. One part of our network needs a new steady hand, and that’s where you come in.
What you’ll do:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the web audience to grow.
- Manage the brand’s social media accounts, and help them grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover news.
- Communicate with SB Nation management over goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming community.
What you’ll bring:
- Have a passion for women’s soccer and women’s soccer communities.
- Already enjoy reading, commenting, and participating in SB Nation communities.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have a self-starter attitude, knowing that they will be starting a brand from scratch.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred. If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply. To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds, and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.