Website Zeda Labs
DC MEMBER The Dynamite Circle (the DC) is an exclusive community of more than 1,200 established entrepreneurs.
- 💡 Entry-Level 💡
- 💥 Work for a DCer 💥
- 🏝 Company Retreat 🏝
- 🚀 High Growth Potential 🚀
- ✈️ Digital Nomad Friendly ✈️
Hi, my name is Quinn Zeda and I am the founder and CEO of Zeda Labs.
Zeda Labs is a digital creative agency focused on helping 7-figure online businesses increase conversions and revenue and dominate their niches.
We’re looking for a full-time junior copywriter to join our growing team.
Who Are We?
As an agency, we helped the successful personality quiz site 16 Personalities increase revenue by over 400% inside 2 months of our redesign going live. We created new sales copy, new design, new branding, illustrations, and new site architecture that focused on converting more of their visitors into paying customers.
“An agency, huh? Man, there’s a lot of those out there looking for copywriters. I’ve heard good things and bad things about working with agencies as a writer. What’s the deal here?”
Here’s two key ways we’re different from most agencies:
1. We care deeply about the quality of our work and the results we achieve for our clients.
We work like a studio on client projects in that we work consistently as an organized team (rather than a random collection of freelancers, like some ‘agencies’) – and have a proven, refined process. Working with already-successful, ambitious businesses allows us to focus on long-term results. Because we’re kinda perfectionists about the work we deliver and the sites we create, we’ve become great at what we do, and our clients value that.
We’re able to execute major projects at a high standard – from branding and naming, to analytics, to copywriting, to design & development – because we have the right people in the right roles, and we have a process.
But Zeda Labs’ stuff doesn’t just look good, it’s copy-focused too. We’ve seen the impact great sales copy can have on our clients’ results, and we get it. That’s why for us, copy is never an afterthought.
Our goal is always simple: to increase revenue significantly for our clients. Your copy will be a big part of that.
2. We only work with one major client at a time
We aim to be THE agency an online biz comes to when they want to be the best in their niche. Because we’ve been able to do that and point to results, our major clients pay for our dedicated focus.
We schedule major projects one at a time to take 40% of our capacity. In the other 60% of our time, we sell productized services (smaller engagements like conversion audits that deliver fast wins to a business), some educational courses, and are currently building our own user testing startup (Conversion Crimes). We want to build a business, not just trade time for money.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a full-time junior copywriter to join our growing team.
Someone with experience writing copy for client projects, but who wants the stability of a full-time gig that comes with tons of opportunity to learn, and see your copy make an impact on successful businesses.
Ultimately, we are looking for a long-term relationship where we can invest in your growth and training. You will be responsible for the majority of the copywriting for the agency on our larger projects, and some of our Conversion Audits (smaller copy optimization projects).
We know how important copywriting is to the success of our client projects, so you’ll be working directly with and report to me. We’re an elite, growing, location-independent team, and we want YOU to be our new copy specialist.
“Since I teamed up with Zeda Labs 6 years ago, my work became much more satisfying than before. Every project is different, which makes you think that you take part in an adventure more than a regular job. You won’t find corporate hierarchy or “rat race” here. I would say it’s a dream job for people who want a bit of freedom and a sense of making something good together with a bunch of other adventurers.” – Piotr (Illustrator)
What’s in it for you?
1. You’ll learn from some talented mentors along with me, the founder:
Pete Michaels – Copywriting Consultant:
Pete is a certified CopyHackers Conversion Copywriter (and founding member of Copy Chief) with experience working directly with his own clients and on our projects. Each month, Pete will review and provide feedback on your work, and join you on review calls to help with direction, copy optimization and research processes.
For our site redesign and optimization work, copy works alongside SEO. We have our own SEO specialist on the team, who you’ll be able to refer to throughout, so you can focus on conversion copy.
2. You’ll get real-world project experience across all aspects of copywriting projects.
You’ll have access to our full team. We’ll teach you a ton about user experience, design, analytics, and conversions. We know that copy is the most important thing when it comes to increasing conversions. Good design amplifies that power. You’ll learn how to structure and design page content to make your copy even better, and understand how to track the impact of your work through analytics tools.
3. You will have a seat (and voice) at the table.
I will give you a behind-the-scenes look at the agency. The numbers. The strategy. You’ll see how I sell multiple 6-figure projects to prospects and close them as clients. Our last project was a “HELL YES” within 5 hours of delivering the proposal.
4. There’s a HUGE opportunity to grow your skills as a copywriter.
You’ll have the opportunity to be on sales calls and work directly with clients, as well as exercising your copy chops on large projects. If you’re in the early stages of your career and want to grow fast with guaranteed work each week, this is a great way to get your feet wet AND see the impact of your work on great-looking websites for established entrepreneurial clients.
Sometimes the team meets up somewhere exciting (like Thailand or Mexico) and we work/play together for a week or two. We usually do this near the end of a project or around conferences.
You’ll get a chance to work on challenging problems with really smart and talented people. We focus on doing extremely high-caliber work. You’ll have the creative freedom in this role to make a real difference. It’s just as important that we find the right person for this role as we are the right fit for you and the life you want to live.
At Zeda Labs, you’re encouraged to experiment, take risks, and push the envelope. And if you make a mistake? That’s cool. Learn from it and share your experience with the team. We expect you to learn and grow and it’s our job to provide you with the resources to make that happen.
Other reasons why working with Zeda Labs can be awesome:
- Autonomy and Freedom. We created this business because of our need for freedom and control over our lives. We believe everyone on our team deserves work/life balance, autonomy, purpose, and results.
- Contribute something meaningful to the world. We produce a high-caliber service for our clients and are extremely selective with who we work with. The boost we can provide a growing business is an incredible feeling for all our team. You’re directly helping a business increase their impact and help more people!
- Set your own hours. We don’t have set working hours. Instead you set your own hours based on what works for you and our clients. You’ll need to be committed – this is a full-time position – but you can set your own hours and work around children or other commitments.
- Work remotely. Our entire team is location-independent. As long as you have a reliable internet connection, we don’t mind where you work in the world. Basically you need to have a professional approach to work, but we don’t mind if you wear flip-flops to our Zoom meetings. You do you.
- High impact decision-making. You’ll be responsible for making important and high-impact decisions on client projects. You will be coached and guided as part of our team, but you will be free to bring your own process to the table and get things done the way you get them done best.
“I’ve been working with Zeda Labs for a long time, probably over 5 years now… I mainly focus on design and development, but play a role in other areas like UX where there’s a project with a good fit.
I think the reason I’ve continued to work with Zeda and had to leave other agencies or clients is because of the freedom to explore and experiment on each project without being managed.
The clients and projects we work on are also well established, interesting businesses, so my work is seen, it’s used, and that also means the team is paid what they’re worth. There’s chill, hustle and finally reward.
We also have meme wars in Slack when someone fucks up 🙂 “ – Henry (Design & Development)
The nitty-gritty – what you will be doing regularly:
- Customer Interviews – You will be getting on the phone with customers (sometimes even non-buyers) to gather info and insights that will inform copy and design decisions. Some of the best copy insights come from a phone call with the target market, and this has become a big part of our process.
- Research – Key decisions are always made based on research. You will undertake various kinds of research including creating reports and takeaways on them for the team and to keep clients updated.
- Copywriting! – The good stuff. You will be responsible for writing everything from web and email copy to sales pages, about pages, landing pages, funnel micro-copy and more. This will be mostly sales-focused copy. We don’t offer content writing services to clients. The only time you may have to work on blog / content writing is if it is for the agency’s own publishing schedule.
- Copy-Editing – We sell Conversion Audits as a productized service, so occasionally you’ll be auditing and optimizing copy: rewriting headlines, leads and crossheads etc.
- Strategy – You will be a part of an elite team where we all put our heads together to find the best path to our goals. We know copy is more than just ‘writing,’ so you’ll get to boost your all-round strategy game too.
Our major client projects run for around 6-8 months, one at a time.
You will be working with the team during research, then you’ll be play lead role in turning that into copy for a full website and brand redesign that aims to drastically increase revenue for our client’s business.
You’ll also work on business development for Zeda Labs (and our upcoming service, ‘Conversion Crimes’) plus some smaller projects like conversion audits.
This allows us to do deep strategic work on one focused project, but also have a variety of smaller projects to work on. Our clients come from all kinds of niches in the online entrepreneur world: SAAS, startups, affiliate websites, coaches, agencies, membership sites, and online service companies.
“I’ve been working with Quinn and the team over at Zeda Labs, since mid 2018 and I was immediately impressed by both the quality of their work and the quality of each team member.
Quinn has an innate ability to attract great talents who share her same values of transparency, honesty, hard work and passion.
Other than her wide and fine-tuned skillset in CRO, UX and design, she is able to communicate her vision and goals in a way that everybody feels part of it, and that’s what allows the team to reach those goals and to always go above and beyond for clients.” – Chris (Junior UX Designer with a side of Copywriting)
- You must have some kind of copy portfolio that demonstrates your abilities, creative thinking, and writing skills – ideally for clients you’ve worked with and produced results for
- You should be able to vary your writing style for different markets – if you have a specialty already, great! But we’re also looking for someone who can adapt to different markets, and can dive deep into research for weeks at a time
- You’re able to work independently as part of a remote team
- You should have great attention to detail, and pride yourself on the quality of your work
Don’t have a ton of experience with clients yet? We’re not looking for perfection – we’re looking for potential, drive, and attitude first.
We’re looking to have the person we hire start in mid-January.